XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all, we have just bought our 2015 xf 2.2 and we are just thrilled with it, the one thing that i notice doesnt seem to work is the stop/start, ive just measured the battery voltages stone cold, the main battery is 12.25v and the smaller one 12.94v,our first drive was dublin to tipperary so a long motorway drive which should have charged the batteries ok, the large battery is a fiamm vr900, is this the original battery? im not bothered about the stop/start not working but im just wondering if the batteries are on the way out, thanks, rich

·
Registered
257 Posts
Hi Rich. Those voltages look a little low to me, so It may be time to think of replacing them. If you're not bothered about the stop/start functioning, you can leave the smaller battery as this just powers the stop/start. Modern cars (and Jaguars are no exception) start giving all manner of problems and glitches when the battery performance drops, so maintaining a healthy battery is super important.
If you do replace the main battery, please make sure you replace it with the correct specification as dictated by Jaguar, don't try and be cheap...your car will love you for it. ;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thankyou, i will replace it soon, for the 18 euro fitting i might just let halfords fit it, then they can tell the car that a new battery i fitted, regards, rich

1 - 3 of 3 Posts