XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having just signed the order form and about to fax it back to the dealer for 3.0 D S Portfolio in Ultimate/Ivory/Oyster, I've just had a call from the other dealer I spoke to offering a better deal. Only problem is their car has a Barley/Truffle interior and doesn't arrive until next month. I didn't love the barley on the demo car we saw but then it was dirty....any opinions guys?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I went Ivory / oyster, avoided barley since I have the Lexus equivalent of barley today so wanted a change.

·
Registered
18 Posts
It's impossible to answer that without knowing what the exterior color is, although I went with the Ivory because I thought it was much more unique and I had the Barley previously and the carpet and mats were terrible after 6 months. The Oyster is darker on the floor and you can even add the dark charcoal mats and they look good because the ivory has a two/three tone interior so the dark black mats look like they actually belong.

·
Registered
306 Posts
All personal opinion, but for me it would definately be the ivory. The barley/truffle is too beige/brown for my liking, and I speak as someone who has had that combination in a Volvo for seven years and an S-Type for nearly five years.

I'd stick with your original judgement... otherwise you may well regret your change.

Happy motoring whatever :)

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
I have the Barley and I don't have any complaints at all about its finish etc after 17000 miles. However, if I were now given the choice I would not hesitate to go with the Ivory. It provides the XF with a real air of opulence, which no other colour in my view can do :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
Go with what you REALLY want as you will only regret it if you dont. I would go for Ivory over Barley though, more modern IMO.

·
Registered
107 Posts
more than happy with my barley truffle, especially as the ivory is an £800 option if you have a p/l

·
Registered
102 Posts
The main issue for me re the barley is the light coloured flooring, which shows any dirt, the oyster flooring that comes with the ivory is a good contrast with the light seats and won't really show any dirt.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for your feedback, I need to stick with Ivory don't I, I hadn't realised that the carpet was a different colour too. Appreciate your help..

X

·
0 Posts
No contest....Ivory & Oyster without a doubt, especially with Ultimate Black. The leather may be lighter but if well cared for it looks stunning and the oyster contrast is ideally suited. There is then the added style and practicality of the darker carpets.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Go for the Ivory :lol: I've got Barley and the floor is a pain to keep clean. I now use that clear plastic carpet protector on top of the barley floor. It works a treat and is really cheap to buy off the roll. :mrgreen:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts