XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an urge to paint-in the 'JAGUAR' lettering on the chrome side badges in body colour - Italian Racing Red.

It may be linked with my mid-life crisis and I have a psychological assessment booked for next week.

Has anybody done this (the badges, not the assessment) and any tips for making it look good?

·
Registered
170 Posts
I looked at doing this then it went to the back of my mind - I too would do it in red but I think it would have to be done with a very fine brush and hand paint

·
Registered
765 Posts
I painted the JAGUAR letters on the chrome boot strip on my XF saloons in RED.Fill the letters with paint using a small soft brush and dont be concerned if the paint gets on the surrounding area.When paint is fully dry get a cloth and wrap it on a jam jar lid and with this flat surface polish the chrome strip with T cut which will then remove the paint from the chrome around the letters.Job Done!! Painting the grille badge background from black to IRR looks very good on my new Sportbrake.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I painted the JAGUAR letters on the chrome boot strip on my XF saloons in RED.Fill the letters with paint using a small soft brush and dont be concerned if the paint gets on the surrounding area.When paint is fully dry get a cloth and wrap it on a jam jar lid and with this flat surface polish the chrome strip with T cut which will then remove the paint from the chrome around the letters.Job Done!! Painting the grille badge background from black to IRR looks very good on my new Sportbrake.
NEED PICTURES

;)

Wkd1

·
Registered
765 Posts
Sorry but my XF saloon that I painted the letters on is no longer owned by me so no photos are available.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts