XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my xf approx 10 weeks ago I have done only 1,200 miles the rear tyre had an egg in it so I went to the dealership. After waiting over an hour they totally wanted nothing to do with it saying tyres are not under warranty even though they sold me it, they wanted £260 for a new tyre,next problem I could not get fuel cap open so I phoned 24 hr. call they came and told me it was a common design fault with the xf I telephoned the dealership and a lady on the phone said it just wanted oiling I asked them to come out to do the repair if they could if not take the car away and leave me with a replacement car,no was the answer I would have to take the car in and if it wanted replacement parts they would lend me a car. When you spend £40k on a car you expect it to be roadworthy and able to take in fuel moreover in these times you expect the dealership to look after all of its customers. Last Jaguar I will buy.

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Hello suenosbuddy,
Welcome to the forum. :)
I am sorry to learn that you have had such a disappointment with the standard of service from a dealer, one that is is safer not to name.
I think that you should write to the Dealer Principal and allow him to investigate the matters you complain of so that if the standard of service is lower than he would expect you will afford him the opportunity to make amends.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Dont know whether this is helpful or not but when I picked up my XF the dealer told me that they had found that the petrol filler needs to be pressed gently but firmly in the centre of the flap. Pressing at the edge apparently enhances the malfunction. So fra I have not had any problems (wheres that wood to touch !!)
The XK I had previously also had fuel flap problems although that was elctrically actuated. It took three attempts and 6 months for the dealer/jaguar to solve the issue which was very frustrating especially after spending 25 minutes in the pouring rain on the A1 late at nigh trying to get some juice into my car running virtually on fumes ! Eventually I came up with my own solution - apply firm pressure with the palm of the hand and 'wiggle'. Seemed to do the trick if a little inelegantly.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems with yourcar. I'm surprised that your dealership have been so unsympathetic. Always ask to see someone more "important" and express your concerns directly to them. You're right, a 40k car and they should be bending over backwards for you as a new customer.

Regarding the fuel filler cap, this is acknowledged to be a problem for which there is a fix. Phone the number on your Jaguar card and ask for assistance to this issue. Your Jaguar card is part of one of the solutions :)

I hope you persevere and get the satisfaction you deserve from a prestigious marque. Follow up with a call to head office if you don't get anywhere (your dealer should be "happy" to provide contact details).
Good luck!

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
suenosbuddy said:
I got my xf approx 10 weeks ago I have done only 1,200 miles the rear tyre had an egg in it so I went to the dealership. After waiting over an hour they totally wanted nothing to do with it saying tyres are not under warranty even though they sold me it, they wanted £260 for a new tyre,next problem I could not get fuel cap open so I phoned 24 hr. call they came and told me it was a common design fault with the xf I telephoned the dealership and a lady on the phone said it just wanted oiling I asked them to come out to do the repair if they could if not take the car away and leave me with a replacement car,no was the answer I would have to take the car in and if it wanted replacement parts they would lend me a car. When you spend £40k on a car you expect it to be roadworthy and able to take in fuel moreover in these times you expect the dealership to look after all of its customers. Last Jaguar I will buy.
I have looked further in to this and, as I understand it, the tyres are warranted by the tyre manufacturer. Jaguar say that they will on your behalf assist with a claim under that warranty. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts