XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well had my dodgy 8... rear screen replaced a couple of days ago, after persuading the local German dealerships that there was a tech bulletin stating that they should be replaced under warranty.
Yesterday I was driving and when using my rear view mirror thought that there was still a ripple effect when looking out of the back window.
Today just went and had a look at the serial code, just out of curiosity and guess what!?

Its a sodding 8...! Now either my dealership is taking the proverbial out of me and hasn't done anything but clean the back window or they are that incompetent that they wouldn't check the code of the window they are replacing, both scenarios don't endear me to the dealership!

If I was in the UK now I would be tearing peoples backside open, unfortunately my German is still at the getting by stage and I will be unable to get too colourful, so I'll just have to see how I get on tomorrow!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just looked at the code on mine and it is ...8

The car was manufactured early Nov so i wouldn't have thought that the screen is one from the original batch which seemed to affect earlier cars. Although there is a little distortion when looking "through the heater elements" it is nothing which causes concern. The distortion is worse when the heater elements are on & similar to that on the front screen when driving with the heater element on

·
Registered
31 Posts
Is anyone in the US facing the same problem?

I can see it showing on my car, and I reported it to the dealer. They confirmed the problem exists but told me they have been instructed not to replace any windows yet.

I am curious to hear about similar cases ...

Cheers!

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Inches and inches have been written about this matter and I would think that all you need to know will be found by doing a simple search :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts