XF Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just back from a short break in Sweden, where I spent a week touring the country, staying in a different place every night. I covered a total of 506km, although not that much, it's enough to get a good feel for a different car.

I hadn't visited Sweden before, and I can report that it is a beautiful country, large, with not very many people living there. All the roads I travelled on through the country and the large E4-E20 Motortrafikleder routes were very quiet indeed, even through rush-hour times. It was a different story on the Gamla Stan island in Stockholm, which was just like London traffic!

I rented a Volvo XC70 D5 AWD from Hertz, I was quite excited after flicking through the back pages of WhatCar? to check up on all its details. For those who are interested; :)

Volvo XC70 D5 AWD Auto - SE Lux - £35,235
Official MPG: 40.4
Power BHP: 202
0-60mph: 7.9s
Top Speed: 134mph

The five-cylinder engine had alot of torque, shame it sounded like a tractor at tickover.

I used the VehiCal app on my iPhone to work out how many MPG I got for the week - 34.32MPG.

Pic 1 - The XC70 with a traditional Swedish house in the background, with the red wood and white trim.
Pic 2 - The XC70 with a small corn field in front.
Pic 3 - One of the hotels I stayed in had eight BMW 330's parked outside, I later discovered that they were available to book and an instructor would guide you round a disused airfield/ racecourse nearby. Shame I had ran out of time otherwise I would of loved to try it.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Looks like an interesting country to visit. I wonder if xfswede knows more about those BMW's :?:

·
Registered
251 Posts
Sorry pekem, not my part of the country.
Sound like good fun though.

Nice to hear that you liked the place xfphillips.
The low traffic density does wonders for the driving experience. Pity about the speed limits though.

BTW, I heard the Volvo D5 engine has been overhauled for a smoother feel, much like Jaguar did. I cannot imagine that they got the same amazing results as Jaguar though.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts