XF Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I booked my car in on Monday to have the windscreen washer jets checked as last week one had come loose and Jag Assistance fixed it but advised I get the car checked out with a full diagnostic check in case the water had got into any wiring.

I took the opportunity to have the Jag dealer check a few other things out and refurbish a kerbed rear alloy. I neatly typed out a detailed list of all the things I wanted checked under warranty and the refurbishment of the alloy which I was happy to pay for (I had already had an estimate of £75 from a local mobile alloy refurbishment company so knew what to expect in terms of cost).

So, at 8.00am on Monday morning I handed over my XF and got a courtesy car. At the end of Monday I phoned the dealership to get an update on progress. They had just started to look at the car. I reminded them of the list I had prepared and they acknowledged it.

On Tuesday afternoon I got a call from the dealership about the alloy refurbishment. They use a third-party company for all alloy repairs and that person had pointed out that one of my front alloys needed refurbishing too! I was horrified as I am meticulous about detailing my car and inspect the alloys and tyres every single day with a walk around the car. The front alloys were in perfect condition when I left the car with them. I begrudgingly agreed to two alloys being refurbished. I asked about the warranty work and they couldn't find any problems with the car. They told me that the heavily scored brake discs are 'normal'.

Today, the third day of them having the car, they called me up mid-morning and said they couldn't find any faults (despite the Jag Assistance man writing down all the fault codes for them in his report) and that the car was being washed and could be collected at 12 noon.

I turned up at 1.00pm and there was nobody on reception. There were two customers waiting before me. One of them had been waiting nearly 20 minutes. I phoned the dealershop using my mobile phone from inside the showroom and a lady answered and I asked her to get someone to reception. Evnetually I was served and they told me that the car hadn't been cleaned. But they were keen to relieve me of £140 for two wheel refurbishments.

I waited an hour and asked the receptionist what work had been carried out on my car. He didn't know. There was no job sheet from the technicians.

Eventually my car had been 'cleaned' and I took the keys and left. I walked around the car and a dirty rag had been used to 'clean' the car. It was one of the worst valeting jobs i'd ever seen. Worse still, they had driven the car over 100 miles over three days.

So, to summarise, they damaged one of my alloys and got me to pay for it and kept my car for three days and did no warranty work on it but drove it around for over 100 miles. Not impressed.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Roma

re your heavily scored disc; I would not accept that. I've had both rear discs replaced under warranty and now all of them are as smooth as a baby's bottom after 2500 miles.

I think it is time to start shouting - speak to Jaguar direct; tell them you're aware of a common problem and that you know they've issued an advisory (which they have). Tell them you'll be contacting Auto Express etc etc.

And complain about the extremely poor service at the Jaguar Dealership.

If Jag (and their dealers) want to turn around the company, then they had better start acting like it!

Kenny.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Out local Jaguar dealer (Cardiff) was on ITV last night for poor customer service on a X type, if what they were saying is true the dealership needs removing from the franchise.

gary

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pekem said:
Roma,
I am very sorry and alarmed to hear you story. I wonder if you would consider telling us all which dealership treated you in this manner?
I wish I could name and shame, pekem. Unfortunately, the way the law works with Internet forums, that isn't a good idea. I run my own car forum and wouldn't permit anyone naming and shaming in a public area of the forum. It's a legal minefield so it's best not to name names.

I don't accept poor service so I will contact Jag Customer Relations and take the car to another dealer for a check-up. There is actually nothing wrong with it at the moment but the shoddy service of my dealer isn't acceptable.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Roma, the story behind the ITV programme was that the local dealer said that the guy did not have a fault (steering) and also said what he was experincing was common (this is the guys third Jag), he then took the car to a Cheltenham dealer who fixed the fault in a couple of hours, ITV then went back to the first garage to hear their story but they would not speak to them kept dodging and telling lies. So the moral is always try someone else before giving in.

gary

·
Registered
204 Posts
Roma,

Sorry to hear of your story. I had my fair share with the local BMW dealer.

On a slightly better note, I think those who live in larger countries should count themselves more fortunate in that they have the alternative of taking their cars to another dealer.

For me, there's only one bloomin' Jaguar dealer in town so I have only so many choices. Because the car is so new and under warranty, I don't want to take it to a non-authorised workshop for fear of voiding the warranty.

So, I am at the mercy and competence of so many people.

Roy

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
One of the salesman took my car home to see if any error messages appeared. That explained 60 miles.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts