XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have my headlights set to automatic. Whenever I go under a bridge or tunnel they immediately come on at the first sign of darkness, however, once back in the bright sunshine they seem to take an age to turn off. Is there a reason for this?

·
Administrator
22,510 Posts
Jules,
I think you are exagerating a little there ;)
Anyway, you need to check the incremental scale on the light control. Starting from the Auto position you will see the line markers which control the duration of delay.
That's all very clear in my head but if you just fiddle with it you will find it will work well for you. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Pekem

I should have checked that first or read the manual or probably both. Cheers.

·
Registered
618 Posts
pekem said:
Jules,
I think you are exagerating a little there ;)
Anyway, you need to check the incremental scale on the light control. Starting from the Auto position you will see the line markers which control the duration of delay.
That's all very clear in my head but if you just fiddle with it you will find it will work well for you. :)

That delay switch is for them turning off after you leave the car when they have been on not for self activation.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Craig, you are quite right. This works fine. It's the sensitivity when motoring which is the issue. This morning the lights came on after going under a pretty dim motorway bridge, but then stayed on all the way to the office, despite bright sunshine.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have found they do have a mind of their own when it comes to turning themselves off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts