XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have heard [not from my dealer] that this is not available yet?

My car is due for July delivery

Anyone know if this can or will delay my order?

·
Administrator
433 Posts
I've got exactly the same problem as you Jon

I've had active cruise on my last 2 cars and its been great for long motorway runs so really wanted it.

Its on my order due for delivery end of May / early June but haven't had it confirmed that it will be available by then.

Anyone have the definitive answer?

·
Registered
618 Posts
My sources at Jaguar tell me it wont be as it doesnt fit where it should on the diesel engine due to the mechanics of the engine taking up the space used for the distronic cruise on the other models. They were talking about it possibly not being available at all. Will keep my ear to the ground and let you know.

Personally I dont like it as I think it takes too much responsibility away from the driver.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted it on mine, due for delivery mid-may, and was told it's not available, nor is it likely to be for the foreseeable future - not sure why a dealer would have let you order one as they all had an email bulletin back in January telling them this.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks

Was looking forward to this 'toy' as it's the one I really wanted and haven't had b4

Shame the dealers aren't more informed on the specs of the cars......
:x

·
Registered
618 Posts
Jon save your money. It wont give you a penny back come resale and is annoying as even set on the shortest distance its longer than you would probably leave naturally so its always slowing you down. I found it to be a right pain in the arse on an XJ I had.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I fully agree with Craig, I find it a real pain in the backside on my RRS especially when overtaking large vehicles on motorways with slight bends; next thing you know the brakes are applied, sometimes with some force. Far better if you were able to switch it on or off rather than just altering the distance to the vehicle in front. Totally spoils the cruise control on my current car.

·
Registered
5 Posts
It's a little radar thing in the front grille that you set to keep a constant speed and distance from the car in front - so it brakes and speeds up automatically. I always fancied it after I tried it on an e-class, but others have said it's a pain, so maybe I'm glad I couldn't get it.

So I ordered TV and DAB instead!

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm also an active cruise fan. Yes it can be annoying when cars pull out and it slams on the brakes or leaves you too far behind so people cut in but I find if you just relax and go with it it takes a lot of stress out of long drives.

I drove to Paris last year and had it on virtually all the way so I'll really miss it on the XF.

·
Administrator
433 Posts
Sorry to drag this one up again but I spoke to my dealer yesterday and he told me that Automatic cruise was going to be available on the Diesel sometime from August to October.

Anyone know if there's any truth in this?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts