XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An interesting review that pretty much echos my own feeling (after 1 week) that the XF is without doubt the better all round package. It may have been even more interesting if they had compared the BM to XF Portfolio which for my part I struggle to understand how Jaguar have maintained such a good ride handling balance on 20" rims were as the 535d Sport feels disconnected and harsh most of the time.

The performance times make interesting reading as well verifying as near as dammit Jaguars own times, which had been questioned elsewhere.

One point they have not made is the substantially better value for money the XF represents.

But all round a fair review that reflects what most here knew already.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I too was surprised at the lack of information on the value for money the Xf represents, by the time you add on Sat Nav, parking sensors, etc; to the cost of the BMW it starts getting a bit expensive. Also when I was test driving the BMW 520d SE before deciding on which vehicle to drive, I found the ride to very harsh on those run flat tyres. I took both the BMW and the XF on exactly same route round Liverpool, deliberately choosing some of the more "unsettled" roads, the ride in the XF was far superior, I also think that the interior of the BMW is very spartan looking for the money they ask. These are of course only my own opinions, and I appreciate that everyone has very different tastes. ;)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Hi would like to read this review is it availble on internet - only can't find please post link many thanks Richard

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No I cant see it on their web site,

Not sure if any one will object (or site rules on copyright etc) if I scan it and upload a PDF ?

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
535 2 XFs said:

Not sure if any one will object (or site rules on copyright etc) if I scan it and upload a PDF ?
I think it would be better if you didn't because there will be copyright issues.
I suspect the publisher would rather you bought a copy, either a current or back issue :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
535 2 XFs said:

Please dont as it will be electronic distribution of printed copyright material and illegal putting the admin in an awkward position.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Which issue is it?
I think we're a week behind over here, even though I subscribe :evil:
The issue I have just read had the normal 3 V's the Merc, which I hasten to add, had the XF jumping all over the Merc :D So thats another German Marque by the wayside.
Way to go Jaguar!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It was last week so the Wednesday 24th June.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts