XF Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see I am on the role of honour, but a bit premature. Jag arrived at dealer in Glasgow today and I am going to pick it up on Monday morning. At last!

Look forward to waving...

·
Registered
303 Posts
TimB, I assume that as we have yet to hear from you, you are still on the road enjoying the new car? :D

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
TimB said:
I see I am on the role of honour, but a bit premature. Jag arrived at dealer in Glasgow today and I am going to pick it up on Monday morning. At last!

Look forward to waving...
Also TimB you will have a red star * against your name on the Roll of Honour, indicating that your car has been delivered as soon as you tell us you're back :)

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How rude of me to be so long replying, sorry. XF is great - been on a few long drives and over a few steep passes in the Lakes - very surefooted, stops fast and screams up hills (the car that is). Not sure my driving is very good though - I prefer it with Dynamic Mode on, even in town.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
We undrstand the delay in replying, it takes some time to be prised out of the drivers seat :D :D :D

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Happy to oblige. Here you are, one hour and 30 miles after collection from the dealer...

·
Registered
425 Posts
Wow- that looks super! I bet you don't want to stop driving it. You have embarked on a long journey of driving.... washing.... waxing.... polishing.... driving.... washing.... waxing.... polishing.... driving.... washing.... waxing.... polishing.... Haha! :lol: I certainly have!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I washed it etc for the first time today. I don't really identify with the obsessive detailers - not into cleaning anything. But my better half's car had just been done (Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo, Super Resin Polish, Extra Gloss Protection) and I was shamed into doing the XF. Not as good as it was a month ago on delivery but good enough for me!

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
It looks really good TimB :)
I have to say that I think that I would not easily distinguish a car in Frost and one in Azure; probably I would, but it leads me on to say that in over a year I can recall seeing only about three in total, either Frost or Azure. Have you seen many where you are :?:

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Pekem. The Frost Blue is definitely more silver than the Azure. I looked at them both in the showroom and side by side they do seem different, to the extent that I didn't like the Azure but loved the FB (now seen that new Spectrum Blue which is amazing - perhaps not very understated though...)

I've not seen any other FBs around in Glasgow. There was an Emerald Fire on the M77 going north yesterday (Tues 14th July - hello there). Also an U** B** (eek) lives nearby here and a Vapour Grey. Never seen a Botanical though even in the showroom.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts