XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been reading some of Roma's recent posts and it sounds to me like he has fallen out (or falling out) of love with his XF.

Anyone else feeling the same way?

As for me, well, I'm still smitten. :cool:

·
Registered
294 Posts
Me too CAT - I think Roma must just be one of those poor souls for whom the next thing must always be better than the one you have now. Can't get inside that cast of mind, myself - and don't want to.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Totally agree. I look forward to driving it every day. Mine is 7 months old done 9000 miles and is in the same pristine condition as when collected from the dealer. Intend to keep for 3-5 years all things being equal.

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
You are not alone XFCAT :)
Thousands of owners around the world are delighted with their XF and, like Steamdreamer and Hutton1969, I'm delighted with mine and I am confident you will be with yours.

People make mistakes from time to time and maybe Roma has done just that. He said a long time ago that he is a great German car fan, his last was a Porsche Cayman, and he has a very high regard for Mercedes. So maybe he was seduced by the advertising and acted out of character buying a Jaguar.

We recently learned of another owner who has become disenchanted with his XF listing the niggling problems that others have experienced, and accepted. However, right from the outset he was critical of the seats and later went on to say that he thought that he had made a mistake buying the XF because of the seats.

Yet another owner stated recently that he had made a mistake saying that he could not adapt to the cars handling; auto gearbox and paddles. Rather than try to get used to it he chose to sell it on.

However, what is really important, is that I am certain that a very high percentage of owners just love their XF and really enjoy the experience.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Steamdreamer said:
Me too CAT - I think Roma must just be one of those poor souls for whom the next thing must always be better than the one you have now. Can't get inside that cast of mind, myself - and don't want to.
I have tried very hard to love the car but it does nothing for me now, sadly. My last four cars from new in the space of just five years were a Porsche Boxster, a BMW 5-Series, a Porsche Cayman S and, now, the Jaguar XF. My XF has had more problems in six months than all of the previous three cars put together over five years.

And, yes, I am trying to do the right thing and move on by selling it but the final kick in the teeth has been losing £14K in six months.

I am glad that others are blissfully happy with their XFs and Jaguar ownership. It all depends on what you'll accept from a quality perspective and customer care from your dealer and the manufacturer.

As it happens I have been for several test drives over the weekend. I have my eye on a couple of new cars to replace the XF so, hopefully, I will be a happy bunny in a couple of months.

I have a Nissan GT-R on order so the huge depreciation on the XF in just six months is financial suicide as the cost to change to a car that i'll be happy with for the next two years until the GT-R arrives will be money down the drain and money that I can put towards the high cost of the GT-R. Equally, I don't want to drive a car that i'm not happy with for the next two years.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I'm sorry it didn't work out Roma. I went through a similar experience with my first Jaguar in 1987. I took delivery of a 3.6 XJ40 six months after it's launch and then suffered a 13 month string of failures and Q.C issues until I sold it for what I paid for it thanks to a six month waiting list. Unlike your experience my dealer was excellent, but I vowed never to buy another Jaguar. I bought a new BMW 5 series in 1990 and stayed loyal to the brand for fifteen years until Chris Bangle's whacky racer styling wrecked it. I fell for a three year old XKR in 2005, which made up for the failings of the XJ40. I really enjoyed the XKR, which was 100% reliable, but by the end of 2007 I needed of a more practical and economical car. After the XF was announced my three options, the Audi A6, BMW 5 and Mercedes 320 CD, looked bland, weird or boring, so I put my name down for an XF and the rest is history. OK, there have been a few niggling little problems which reawakened some bad memories, but everything has been dealt with efficiently apart from the sat nav logic. I think the XF is the nicest car I have owned, but the experience could still have been ruined by a poor dealer. Good luck with the replacement wagen and don't polish it away before the R8/Porsche slayer arrives!.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts