XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hallo,
wie es scheint, wird dieses tolle Forum hautsächlich in GB genutzt.
Mich würde interessieren, ob es ausser ZX10Ben und mir noch andere deutschsprachige Mitglieder gibt...

it seems that this great forum is used mainly in Great Britain.
I would like to find out if there are other members from Germany, Austria, Switzerland, beneath ZX10Ben and myself.

Herzliche Grüße aus Österreich!
Andreas

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
toccata there are a number of members outside the U.K. :)
From memory I can think of the obvious such as Flying Dutchman and xfswede, mindbrother is another, living in the Netherlands.
Mickrsims is in France, Zortech is in Belgium and MU51CGB is in Trier, Germany.
We of course have the honorary Germans, such us zx10Ben and other HM Forces personnel. I know there are more but sadly not everyone completes a signature profile so it is difficult to discover. :)

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Guten tag toccata,
Sie sind rechtig uber dieses tolle Forum, aber nicht uber deutchsprachige. Ich vohne in Deutchland aber ich komme aus England.
Tut mir leit, ich lernen Deutch und meine Rechtschreibung sind nicht ser gut.

And I'm using an English keyboard and don't have a clue how to do Umlauts! :D

Before anyone gets too excited about my multi-lingual capabilities, I wouldn't as I'm not overly sure it all makes sense :oops:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
zx10ben said:
Guten tag toccata,
Sie sind rechtig uber dieses tolle Forum, aber nicht uber deutchsprachige. Ich vohne in Deutchland aber ich komme aus England.
Tut mir leit, ich lernen Deutch und meine Rechtschreibung sind nicht ser gut.

And I'm using an English keyboard and don't have a clue how to do Umlauts! :D

Before anyone gets too excited about my multi-lingual capabilities, I wouldn't as I'm not overly sure it all makes sense :oops:
Hello zx10ben,
i was very pleased about your message here. don't apologize about your german- it is good to understand and that is the main thing here, i think :)
i hope you all here will be as much tolerant with my english.

Vielleicht melden sich ja noch Katzenbesitzer aus meiner Umgebung. Würde mich freuen.
English or german writing - all is welcome!

Grüße aus Österreich,
Andreas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just joined. In final stages of purchasing a 2nd hand XF SV8.

Am Brit based near Zurich. Not exactly ex-pat as I've now been in Switzerland for 20 years. Anyway, do of course speak German so feel free to answer me in either.

BTW, what is the 'Jaguar Drivers' Club Switzerland' like - any good?

Thanx.

Rds, thebimbo

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hallo thebimbo,

danke für deine Antwort in diesem thread.
Ich bin eher durch Zufall auf dieses Forum gestossen als ich auf meinen XF gewartet habe. Es ist sehr von Engländern frequentiert /was ja auch klar ist -> co.uk.
Aber vielleicht wird das hier ja eine kleine Subgroup ;-)

Was den schweizer Jag-Club anbelangt kann ich dir leider nicht weiterhelfen - kenne ich nicht.
Ich habe nur mit anderen Jag-Clubs die Erfahrung gemacht, dass es dort meist eher hochnäsig und naserümpfend (z.B. über die neuen Jags - "keine Echten Jaguars mehr" etc.) zugeht.
Was mir an diesem Forum hier gefällt ist, dass es locker und freundlich zugeht (meist).

Grüezi in's schöne Zürich (war schon mal ein paar Tage dort)
Andreas

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Andreas, all,

yep I'm also in another club and there is sometimes an uneasy coexistence between old and new... Anyway, I'm only picking up my SV8 at the end of the month but plan on registering for the 'JDCS' club event on the 4th of October - if anybody is coming from this board pls let me know. Indeed, I may be down a navigator on that day and my 4 year old certainly won't be able to take on that role, however amusing our road trip would then be ;-)

Regards, thebimbo.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
I´m from Muenster/Germany, have got a 3,0 2008 XF petrol, which is a graet car without any problem
regards
Peter
Gruß aus Münster :D

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum, heipet :)
It is very good to read that you have an XF and that you have had no problems with it.
Please use the User Control Panel, Signature Box Here and add a little information about your car, the colour etc., everyone would like to know which you chose.
Also, it would be good to see a photograph or two of it in Muenster :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts