XF Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car went in today to have it's rear screen replaced, as it was distorted and marked with the No.8 in the top RHS.
Well I drove off in the car and whilst better it was not 100% clear and almost has a bi-focal effect, on checking when I got home I have had another '8' marked screen fitted. Has anyone had a new screen fitted and does it have a different number? or can someone confirm if the No.8 marking are the duff ones, as this one isnt perfect.

They also again checked my Ipod connection and said the salesmans Ipod does the same in him car (Freezes for 10-20 seconds), and that it is normal. GREAT thanks for selling me an Ipod connection that doesnt work!!, would have been nice if you told me that little gem before you took my cash!!

·
Registered
319 Posts
I had mine replaced last week, the initial screen did have a row of No's from memory ending in .... 0008.
the replacement has '.8 ' this is the only No. showing on it's own on the bottom line.
the screen is perfect.
hope that helps.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
rclifford said:
My car went in today to have it's rear screen replaced, as it was distorted and marked with the No.8 in the top RHS.
Well I drove off in the car and whilst better it was not 100% clear and almost has a bi-focal effect, on checking when I got home I have had another '8' marked screen fitted. Has anyone had a new screen fitted and does it have a different number? or can someone confirm if the No.8 marking are the duff ones, as this one isnt perfect.

They also again checked my Ipod connection and said the salesmans Ipod does the same in him car (Freezes for 10-20 seconds), and that it is normal. GREAT thanks for selling me an Ipod connection that doesnt work!!, would have been nice if you told me that little gem before you took my cash!!
If the window is thought to be substandard you should simply return to the dealer.
Keep in mind that you may not have studied an acceptable window, yours being faulty from the outset.
No window is completely clear because of the inbuilt electrics , and if you have only seen through a faulty one you should perhaps compare it with a showroom model to satisfy yourself that the new one is indeed imperfect.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had my original screen replaced 2-3 weeks ago and the replacement .8 screen still has the ripple effect. the service dept told me it was the rake angle of the screen causing the issue now. what next crop circles in the carpets !!!! :evil:

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
presidentk said:
I had my original screen replaced 2-3 weeks ago and the replacement .8 screen still has the ripple effect. the service dept told me it was the rake angle of the screen causing the issue now. what next crop circles in the carpets !!!! :evil:
Again, are you or have you had the opportunity to view a car other than your own to compare :?: It seems to me that if a showroom car is substantially different, ie., much improved, to your own it would be a simple matter to cause the dealer concede the point :)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
presidentk said:
will be looking into it at next visit (-- no pun intended--) :shock:
Might I suggest that, if convenient, you view a car in another dealership where there will be no knowledge of the history of your own ;)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Roma said:
I had mine replaced several weeks ago and i'm delighted with the difference. I can see clearly now... :D
Just remind us Roma; how did the window appear at the outset :?:

·
Registered
56 Posts
Forums are so useful. This was one of my first moans when I took delivery - the salesman showed me that other Jags in the showroom had the same, that was it!

So Stratstone fobbed me off . . . . typical of their service levels.

I will be on the phone tomorrow to get rid of my wobbly wavy distorted rear screen.

Tony

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Tone the Bone said:
Forums are so useful. This was one of my first moans when I took delivery - the salesman showed me that other Jags in the showroom had the same, that was it!

So Stratstone fobbed me off . . . . typical of their service levels.

I will be on the phone tomorrow to get rid of my wobbly wavy distorted rear screen.

Tony
In stead of going back to Stratstone, why not visit another dealer and see if the level of service is improved :?:
Consider also, adding a location in your profile and others may well be able to steer you in the right direction :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
This rear window issue was raised in my first week of ownership last March. The dealer told me they were all like that, come and have a look, which I did, and thus I was fobbed off.

I now realise this is the typical Jaguar way of treating the customer. [Having owned cars where the dealer and manufacturer try hard to offer service better than you expect, the difference with Jaguar is so marked]

Thanks to this message board, and after a wait of a few weeks, I have now had my rear screen replaced this week. It is a massive improvement, the rearward view is so much clearer, as it should be and as it is on every other make and model of car.

Jaguar should be ashamed of themselves, they should offer free rear screen replacement to all XF owners [and other Jag models]. See my comments about service levels above - they could use this problem as an opportunity to show owners that they are trying to give a better service and ownership experience.

A further moan though, the fitters dented my roof, just near the aerial, so now this will have to be repaired.

Tony

1 - 15 of 15 Posts