XF Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The situation on my differential is as of today, Jaguar do not have any idea when I will get a new one, the talk about line robbing is just talk. Next week I will be going into my third week without my car and no inclination of when I will see it again. I have escalated the problem to the MDs office and the executive team. If I reject the car I have been told that its possible that jaguar will not support me. If I do reject the car I will buy another car but not the Jaguar. My problem is that it puts me into the same position I was in back in April in having to wait 2/3 months for another vehicle.
What is my best move, to go for compensation whilst waiting for the XF or get my money back plus costs and move on? The facts are the car has only 650 miles on it (the problem was there from day one) they are offering me (maybe) an XF in the meantime, that has already been rejected by me as I want my own car back not some hire car.

Late News
Latest news just in the dealer may have the diff within 48hrs, screaming down a phone can pay off (we will see)

gary
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,501 Posts
Gary,
You don't need a lawyer, they can really cost money :eek:
No, if I were you, I would take the XF on loan and expect your XF to be returned trouble free and if their is compensation on offer, take it.
Jaguar will be doing their best to put it right but sadly you have also to deal with a dealer who may not share the philosphy of Jaguar in wanting a satisfied customer :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pekem said:
Gary,
You don't need a lawyer, they can really cost money :eek:
No, if I were you, I would take the XF on loan and expect your XF to be returned trouble free and if their is compensation on offer, take it.
Jaguar will be doing their best to put it right but sadly you have also to deal with a dealer who may not share the philosphy of Jaguar in wanting a satisfied customer :)
Peter I do not have a problem with the dealer they have (apart from a long wait to get it in) been very good, my gripe is with Jaguar and in particular the customer relations team, they were not proactive and I made all the phone calls etc, from my talks with various members of that team they seemed to be there to say what you wanted to here but were powerless to really help. The people that in the end were acting on my behalf were at a higher level but still left much to be desired.
The car is great apart from teething problems but if the help is not there then that might play against them in a big way. Most owners love their XFs to bits and are willing to bend over backwards not to really criticize the car. I would never tell my MB friends about my troubles or go to the press that would not help in the slightest but I did mention "my barrister" to the CRT when getting nowhere and within 10 mins my dealer phoned giving me opposite information to what the CRT had just given me.
Just to put you in the picture with what they offered me when I turned down an XF replacement they offered me my own car back while I waited for my part to come in, the same car the service manager said I should not be driving it was that bad.

gary
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,501 Posts
I just do not know what to say Gary. My heart is with the sentiment expressed by you favouring an abandonment of Jaguar. However, my head is saying quite the opposite for the reason that, as you say it is a delightful car,when behaving, and one that is universally admired. Then there is the question of selecting another make / model that offers the same potentential satisfaction. For the price I can't think of one that I would like more. Certainly I don't want to roll around in a BMW or Mercedes because there are just too many of them on the road. It is so good to be in an XF and not see another just around the corner.
No, if I were you I would try and remain objective and give them a chance once more to get it right. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
618 Posts
Gary I am always happy to help but with my specialisms i might be more use if you kill the dealer of blow up the premises
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
craig said:
Gary I am always happy to help but with my specialisms i might be more use if you kill the dealer of blow up the premises
Jaguar have said they will talk goodwill gestures etc after I have the car back hopefully wed/thurs this week. In fact they got in with that before I said anything, I have to look at pics I took of the car to remind me what it looks like. Craig I will consider your offer it the car fails to make an appearance, how about driving the hire car through the showroom window making sure to hit both XKs.

gary
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,501 Posts
garyxf said:
craig said:
Gary I am always happy to help but with my specialisms i might be more use if you kill the dealer of blow up the premises
Jaguar have said they will talk goodwill gestures etc after I have the car back hopefully wed/thurs this week. In fact they got in with that before I said anything, I have to look at pics I took of the car to remind me what it looks like. Craig I will consider your offer it the car fails to make an appearance, how about driving the hire car through the showroom window making sure to hit both XKs.

gary
With your luck Gary if you do that, you won't need a lawyer; you will need an undertaker :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So true peter, I would more than likely miss the showroom and hit a bus full of children, knowing my luck.

gary
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Vapourgrey said:
Just keep taking the tablets Gary! :mrgreen:
They say you can get tablets that help you when you reverse courtesy cars, if you do prang them you dont give a ****

gary
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
22,501 Posts
garyxf said:
Vapourgrey said:
Just keep taking the tablets Gary! :mrgreen:
They say you can get tablets that help you when you reverse courtesy cars, if you do prang them you dont give a ****
gary
Yes, but you are just as likely to finish up with a faulty pack of tablets
:oops:
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top