XF Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife got a mini (BMW version !) shortly after they were launched a few years back and new owners were encouraged to flash or wave an acknowledgment to fellow mini owners.

I have had my XF for 2 months now and havent actually seen or passed another while out driving but if I do should I flash them? Or are we above that sort of thing in this forum ??

·
Registered
374 Posts
I always acknowledge fellow XF owners with a friendly wave but, i'm sorry to say, the majority pretend they haven't even seen me. They are a miserable bunch, the ones that i've encountered! Sorry!

My wife has a MINI Cabriolet and we bump into some of the most cheerful, happy and friendly fellow MINI drivers that you could imagine. It's such a contrast to some XF drivers. Still, i'll keep acknowledging them and hope I bump into some friendly ones.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Since March I think that about three XF drivers have acknowledged my wave, most others have appeared to be oblivious to my presence. :(

·
Registered
170 Posts
I'm up for it - I've not even seen my own XF yet! Being an ex scooby owner, it was common practice to flash fellow scoobies.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The first one !!!

After almost three months of waving to and flashing fellow XF owners, somebody actually overcame their inhibitions at the weekend and waved back.

Now at least I know there is someone else in my neck of the woods who is pleased to acknowledge a fellow XF'er :)

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
andrewll said:
The first one !!!

After almost three months of waving to and flashing fellow XF owners, somebody actually overcame their inhibitions at the weekend and waved back.

Now at least I know there is someone else in my neck of the woods who is pleased to acknowledge a fellow XF'er :)
Do you know that he does come from your neck of the woods? It might be that he has just decided to tour the country looking for a sociable XFerr. Certainly, in the 9 months I have been in my XF I can only think of three drivers that acknowledged me. One, as it happens, was in Burford High Street, so there may be two or three XFrr's in Oxfordshire. :)

·
Registered
53 Posts
andrewll said:
The first one !!!

Hi
May have been me, I was in Oxford over the week end, did indeed wave at a XF. My wife think's I'm mad, and I got very excited as the driver waved back. Cant remember the colour, but mine is Frost Blue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts