XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A bit of a nightmare day today, had to drive to Cambridge, put the location in the sat nav and it calculated 191 miles and nearly 3 hours, I live south of Derby which is a sub 100 mile 2 hour if traffic is bad trip. How on earth can Jag say the system is fine and it’s operator error, surely you put the address in and select the fastest route and it calculates it….obviously not.

Then during the initial A14 drive it kept bleeping with traffic ahead………it was perfectly clear and 80mph easy. Then at Huntingdon it reckoned the last 16 miles would take 20 minutes and was perfectly clear… oh no there had been an accident on the A14 hours ago and the last 16 miles took me nearly an hour, ironically close to the 3 hours it predicted but some 90 odd miles shorter.

During the drive to add insult to injury I stopped for fuel, but my filler cap wouldn’t open, so I eventually had to lever the cover off as I have 20 miles of fuel left and a meeting to get to, so I am driving around with no filler cap.

THEN, got in the car, turned the gear lever to D and it just flashed at me and didn’t select a gear… no drive just a stationary revving car, tried again in S and the same issue, had to re-start the car twice to get it to work.

Is my car possessed???....wish I had gone for German efficiency, the XF may look terrific and ride great but it is getting bloody annoying with it’s quirks and faults.

Most annoying is why does a £35k+ car have such a bloody useless sat nav, it’s not exactly new technology.

·
Registered
618 Posts
The sat nav is a known issue and if you read the forum you will find that they will be issuing a fix with the 2009 discs which you can get as a warranty claim if you tell your dealer.

To be honest the best way to deal with issues that are known on a car is to note them, go to your dealer and tell them that they have all happened even if they havent and then their remedial processes will mean they probably never will.

My car went in for an issue and i told them there was too much wind noise (there wasnt) but i knew that there was a service bulletin out about defective door seals and hey presto they declared my door seals defective and I am getting a new set next week.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
craig said:

My car went in for an issue and i told them there was too much wind noise (there wasnt) but i knew that there was a service bulletin out about defective door seals and hey presto they declared my door seals defective and I am getting a new set next week.
Are these the seals which press against the bottom of the front windows Craig?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts