XF Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Administrator
22,427 Posts
Just do a google search because some aftermarket solutions may be available but you need a very late infotainment system.
Don’t get your hopes up too much because IPace owners are struggling to get a satisfactory connection always.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a late infotainment system, I'm sure I read somewhere that Android Auto was standard from September 2018 but can't find anything. It seems to be pot luck as some cars have it and some don't. Some have asked for it to be added at their first service and have got it, others have asked and been told they'd have to pay. Sounds a bit like the usual JLR dealer miscommunications.....

·
Registered
32 Posts
Not sure if you've sorted out your issue - but my 2017MY XF recently got an ICTP update at the dealers; and a subsequent OTA update gave me Apple CarPlay (with Android Auto an option too - but I'm an Apple user). I'm delighted with CarPlay as Spotify never worked properly via InControl. I can also read/send texts and use other SatNav like TomTom or Apple Maps. I regretted paying the £1200 for ICTP for 2.5 years - but now I'm delighted I did.

And it was a software update under warranty. Thanks, Jaguar and Stratstone.

447 Posts
Hi, are you able to tell me when Android Auto became standard on the XF ?
Good Morning Smiffy,

Thank you for your post.

I can confirm that Android Auto became standard on all XF vehicles on 29[FONT=Calibri,sans-serif]th January 2019, when Jaguar Land Rover revealed the 20MY XF.[/FONT]

I hope this has answered your question, should you require any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact me.

Many Thanks

Dan - Jaguar UK

1 - 5 of 5 Posts