XF Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my new 3.0 D S Premium luxury.

What a car especially when in sport and enhanced mode, I have had series II & III V12s, XJS HE V12, 2 XJRs and an S tyope 2.7D, but this car is in a different class.

Gorgeous lines, fantastic interior and a superb drive, basically very pleased with the car, not half!

Can't wait for spires to do an ECU mod as I'm a bit embarrased at the mpg I am getting!

One thing I have noticed is that the brake dust does very quickly tarnish the alloys, has anyone fitted EBC pads and are they better?

Cheers all,

·
Registered
103 Posts
Copy your pictures on to your computer and then transfer them to a picture sharing site like Imagestack.

http://imageshack.us/

Pick 640 x 480 Message board size as it will automatically resixze your pictures to suit.Then all you have to do is copy to link, click on the Img button here and paste the link.

Couldn't be simplier.

Edit:

Just saw that you managed to post your picture. Nice car.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Welcome to the forum womea :)
I think you must be very brave, or have the benefit of a Road Angel, to use sport mode driving around where you live. Isn't that the part of the country where the Chief Constable is out to get everyone that speeds :lol:

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
I have heard of one person fitting the EBC pads on the rear and they said after the initial brake run in period, three to five hundred miles, they noticed very little brake dust.

·
Registered
103 Posts
pekem said:
KaDargo said:
Womea - may I ask what colour that is?
My money is on Lunar Grey, first thought, but hedge my bet with Pearl Grey :)
That's definitely Lunar Grey, Pearl Grey has quite a bit of purple. Both are very nice colour but I might be a little bias by saying that the XF looks it's best in Vapour Grey. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
50 Posts
footie said:
pekem said:
KaDargo said:
Womea - may I ask what colour that is?
My money is on Lunar Grey, first thought, but hedge my bet with Pearl Grey :)
That's definitely Lunar Grey, Pearl Grey has quite a bit of purple. Both are very nice colour but I might be a little bias by saying that the XF looks it's best in Vapour Grey. :mrgreen:
I was hoping to go for Azure Blue when I can afford mine, but I also like the greys as well, and that colour looks really nice.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
KaDargo It is a beautiful colour and interestingly one of the first XF's I saw was in Lunar Grey on a cold and frosty morning and here it is :)
P.S. Note the Chrome Vents and Mirror caps

·
Registered
50 Posts
As with all metallic/pearl colours, they need to be seen in the flesh - 'your' photo seems to have a slight 'mushroom' tint, but the original seems to have a 'blue' tint to it.

As I said previously, I did want Azure Blue, but as this is discontinued, I could go for grey that looked blue in certain light conditions.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Here's Pearl Grey

See how the tint of dark purple, still one of the best colours for an XF in my opinion.

Here's Lunar Grey

Definitely more blue shades on this colour than all other and again beautiful.

And here's my personal favourite, Vapour grey and as you can see there's a ever so slight hint of brown to this Grey.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hi all,

The colour of my car is lunar grey. I think the mobile phone camera and light conditions have given a blue tinge.

Cheers

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
womea said:
Hi all,

The colour of my car is lunar grey. I think the mobile phone camera and light conditions have given a blue tinge.

Cheers
And an excellent choice :)
Your camera and light will make a difference but don't overlook the characteristics of the paint.
Xirallic® paint is used and it is the case that in different lights your car will take on a different hue.
Members will recall that I was very fond, some would say too fond, of pointing out that my Botanical Green 2,7 would appear in some lights as British Racing Green and in others, Black. :)

·
Registered
50 Posts
Don't much like the Vapour Grey, but Lunar and then Pearl are very nice !!

·
Registered
103 Posts
KaDargo said:
That's fight talk mate. :evil:

Only joking, I know the VP isn't to everyone taste and that maybe why I like it. Though I have to say that going by Autotrader and the number of XFs with VP that it does appear to be very popular, same goes for the Black.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Actually, I don't think I've seen any colour that looks awful (as it is a georgeous car anyway, although not too many in the flesh as yet, as I don't want to go looking until I can actually afford it, just in case i get tempted !) - but still much better than A6, 5 series etc

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
footie said:
KaDargo said:
That's fight talk mate. :evil:

Only joking, I know the VP isn't to everyone taste and that maybe why I like it. Though I have to say that going by Autotrader and the number of XFs with VP that it does appear to be very popular, same goes for the Black.
That is not at all surprising because at launch, the XF attracted a lot of buyers specifying Vapour Grey and those cars are now finding their way on to the used market.

It seems that Ultimate Black has now taken over the top spot, see our survey below, and no doubt in a few years time there will be a great many XF's in that colour on the used car market.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=593

·
Registered
103 Posts
I'm a great fan of black, having no less than seven black cars through my many years of driving. But for me at least, to have a black XF it would have needed to have the aero kit with the chrome lower grilles because the nose detailing is lost without this.

My other choice after VP was Pearl Grey and everyone I saw really looked the part but time limitations with my M3 sold I couldn't wait for a car on order and this Vapour Grey one fell into my lap, being Portfolio (a must in my opinion) and only with the Camera pack which was all I really wanted as the rest is just excess.

No, I'm a very happy chap getting the colour I like most and with my idea spec, my win was someone eles's lost, poor chap. :oops:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts