XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the XJ was already gone, now the XE is being killed for 2021 - gone from the US market line up.

The XF is the sole surviving sedan in Jaguar's 2021 US line up - AND - it gets a $7K+ price cut.

Jaguar XE sedan discontinued in U.S. for 2021 model year

2021 Jaguar XF Prices Slashed as XE Discontinued

On other sad news, when I bought my first XF in the US in 2009 - all - 100% of Jaguar sedans and coupes were V8 powered. The 3 XFs that I owned had V8s of 385HP, 420HP and 510HP.

Now the XF is only available with a 4-cyl engine, topping up at under 300HP.

This is a very sad capitulation.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
From the above articles.....

With a $7105 lower base price, the updated mid-sizer will now serve as Jag's entry-level sedan as the XE bites the dust in the U.S.

As such, Jaguar chopped $7105 off the base price, bringing it closer to the XE's previous base price of $40,950. The 2021 XF P250 S now starts at $45,145 and comes with a turbocharged 2.0-liter inline-four with 246 horsepower, an eight-speed automatic transmission, and rear-wheel drive. Equivalently sized four-cylinder sedans from BMW and Mercedes, the 5-series and E-class, start in the mid-$50,000 range, although the new Genesis G80 offers an enticing value proposition with its starting price of $48,725.

The XF's only engine upgrade is now a more 296-hp powerful version of the same 2.0-liter turbo-four, available in the P300 R-Dynamic model that starts at $51,145. That's an $8555 drop compared with last year's equivalent 30t model. The 380-hp supercharged V-6 previously offered in the S model has been dropped.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
No. What it is is JLR/Tata/Terry Le Bottler killing Jaguar on the sly - having their cake and eating it.

The US XF, or rather 'XFigleaf', is just that, to cover the fact that JLR has killed Jaguar saloons, effectively 'Jaguar' - without the appalling adverse publicity/PR, and huge outcry/revolt, from the whole UK, and petrolheads globally.

Jaguar was decided for the chop I believe in 2018, once the size of the flop of The Gamechanger was known, but this was just the final straw.

Jaguar's camel's back was actually broken in 2016, with the complete failure of 'New Gen', XE and XF II - tweedle-dee and tweedle-dum.

The decision was then 95%+ taken to bin Jaguar. The purpose of the delayed and delayed I-Pace was then not to herald, be the forerunner for the media touted 'Electric Jag', but to be JLR's shop-window, 'JLR the European Tesla' etc, for getting JLR sold - a decision taken by Tata in early 2018, once it was clear how awful the I-Pace actually was, and the real early orders.

All this is pretty obvious and transparent - 'Tata killed Jaguar' - but of course the media vermin know better than to go within a million miles of it - you don't bite the hand that feeds you, or go against the establishment in the UK, if you want that knighthood, peerage, nicely paid non-job sinecures for your sprogs, by pointing out the truth of what Tata has done - 'Tata saved the British car industry' Tata's bagman, 'Lord' Bhattacharyya, 2014.

So the purpose of the limping-on XF, sorry, 'New XF', is to be that figleaf, that deceit that Jaguar still exists, with the XE just updated, the F-type and F-Pace similar, and of course the just around the corner, any minute now, 'world-beating', 'Bentley-fighting', 2016 I-Pace with a rear overhang, binned in 2018, eXJ, to confirm that Jaguar is a thing, and leading the world, just as in the 50s and 60s.

F'ers have got away with it - killing Jag without the huge PR hit and public outcry - and Tata Public Enemy No.1, with likely consumer boycott in the UK, and possibly Jag-loving(but not buying Tata's crap) US, of all its products.

Huge story, which the media reptiles will one day live to pay for.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is just so sad. When I bought my 510HP XFR 10 years ago, I can honestly say that it was a worthy competitor to a BMW M5, Mercedes E63 and the like. Slightly less dynamic/refined, but with better looks, interior and a much lower price.

The "New 296HP max" XF can't even compete with a Kia Stinger. It is as bland an uninteresting as a Toyota Camry.

This is incredible.

Jaguar does not have a single halo, best in class (or at least near the top) product. How will they inspire new buyers? Does anyone really aspire to own a bland SUV like E-Pace/F-Pace?

·
Registered
8 Posts
So the XJ was already gone, now the XE is being killed for 2021 - gone from the US market line up.

The XF is the sole surviving sedan in Jaguar's 2021 US line up - AND - it gets a $7K+ price cut.

Jaguar XE sedan discontinued in U.S. for 2021 model year

On other sad news, when I bought my first XF in the US in 2009 - all - 100% of Jaguar sedans and coupes were V8 powered. The 3 XFs that I owned had V8s of 385HP, 420HP and 510HP.

Now the XF is only available with a 4-cyl engine, topping up at under 300HP.

This is exactly why I still drive my 2012 XF Portfolio. Smooth V8, and still runs perfectly with 82,000 miles on her. Still turns heads and always puts a smile on my face when I’m cruising down the interstate. Or just running around town.

Water pump was the only issue so far. Replaced under certified warranty. Picked her up with 49,000 miles about 4 years ago. Other than that, just normal maintenance. 😀

Can’t stomach a 4cyl or even a V6 with stop/start.....

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
Does anyone really aspire to own a bland SUV like E-Pace/F-Pace?
- Avis, Hertz, Sixt... - courtesy, gratis of the UK taxpayer - 60-99% off rrp.

JLR 'sells' several hundred E-Pace and F-Paces, in places like Germany, a month, by giving them to these rental companies, at massive discount, or some token amount, to get around legal bribery terms, all funded by the UK taxpayer. A normal company of course could not do this, would have gone bust long ago.

You can't blame them really, as if the dumb, stupid, couldn't give a f*ck about anything but themselves taxpayers paying for it don't care - see giving £billions to Serco, Deloittes etc as well - why should they.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is exactly why I still drive my 2012 XF Portfolio. Smooth V8, and still runs perfectly with 82,000 miles on her. Still turns heads and always puts a smile on my face when I’m cruising down the interstate. Or just running around town.

Water pump was the only issue so far. Replaced under certified warranty. Picked her up with 49,000 miles about 4 years ago. Other than that, just normal maintenance. 😀

Can’t stomach a 4cyl or even a V6 with stop/start.....
I regret selling my 2012 XF Portfolio V8. That was a 100% trouble free vehicle. I only sold it because I didn't want to own it out of warranty and had too many cars in the garage. That and my 2010 XFR might just have been the best sedans of all times, bar none.

I can't imagine stepping down to a sub-300HP buzzy 4 cyl.

·
Registered
5,570 Posts
I regret selling my 2012 XF Portfolio V8
- you mean Ford platform(Thunderbird/Lincoln LS/S-type) with Ford-funded/co-developed engine?

But, but... Ford were/are the villain of the piece, and Tata the heroic saviours.

Did the media lie, invert the truth completely, blacken Ford's name possibly for all eternity with the simple-minded, and take the dope-peddlers' shilling to ensure their thick sprogs went to private school? Say it ain't so. My whole world-view will be broken, like all five year olds believing in Father Christmas, or 90% of Brits believing in a crime operation known as 'UK'.

·
Registered
7,001 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, those were the good old days. Jaguar design and tuning, Ford engineering. A combination made in heaven.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts