XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Great, more power and torque that the 2.7 with the added benefit of better emissions and economy. If I would have paid my own money for the car I would be pretty ****ed off with Jaguar, launching a car then replacing the engines less than a year later... shaft the early adopters why dont you!

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I did pay with my own money and I have no feelings of regret whatsoever. :)
Also, in my view, it is better for Jaguar to offer a car that will provide a fillip for sales and thereby help to sustain the company financially, than to maintain a model spec, albeit less than a year old, and risk going down the tubes. That way no one wins.

·
Registered
86 Posts
No wonder I managed to get my 2.7 Luxury in early December on the Jaguar Leasing deal at such favourable rates then...............!

However the deal is that I have a 'minimum guaranteed future value' and so if the arrival of the 3.0 litre makes the prices of the 2.7 fall out of bed, then I'm not really worried :)

All I need now is for the 'proximity sensor' on the glove box to actually open it more than 1 in 10 attempts! Has anyone else had this problem? What's wrong with a metal catch, spring loaded, that's what I'd like to know.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Tim,
Welcome to the forum :)
It is good to read that you are happy with the deal you got.
I know what you mean about the glove box, it can be a little frustrating if it doesn't respond immediately, but my need to open the box is so infrequent that I can live with its quirky operation.
Please consider adding a little in the profile section about your car and location.
Then if you have time to spare, please record the colour of your car here:
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=593

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Easy Tim,

Start at the left hand top of any page and click on User Control Panel
Scroll down the list:
Click on Profile
Overview
» Front page
» Manage subscriptions
» Manage bookmarks
» Manage drafts
» Manage attachments

Board preferences
Private messages
Usergroups
Friends & Foes

Then down again to Edit:
» Edit profile
» Edit signature
» Edit avatar
» Edit account settings

Then just as much as or little as you wish.

·
Registered
618 Posts
rclifford said:
Great, more power and torque that the 2.7 with the added benefit of better emissions and economy. If I would have paid my own money for the car I would be pretty ****ed off with Jaguar, launching a car then replacing the engines less than a year later... shaft the early adopters why dont you!
I am a bit miffed but if it was a choice between that and them delaying the XF until the 3.0 was ready then i would rather the former as the company wouldnt have survived without the last 12 months of XF. Also us early adopters got all the comments and stares etc whereas April onwards people wont so much :D

·
Registered
306 Posts
I too would have loved the 3L, having just got my 2.7 this month. However, don't lose sight of the fact that an XF is a lovely car and it is not as if the 2.7 is a bad engine, far from it. It has won praise across the motor industry and is a proven engine. I don't wish to tempt fate but having read this forum for nearly a year I'm happy to let others "prove" the 3L and I'll upgrade one day in the future.

I'm sure Jaguar will continue to develop the XF so there will be more to come, say, in the 2010 model next year. If you update every time something changes then you'll go dizzy, angry and broke :eek:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts