XF Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I want for Christmas is; or not?
Roger V said “I don't want to get carried away with extra gadgets or bling”.
Sodgob has advised Ravenswood to go for the jaguar optional extra of factory fitted Bi-Xenon lights, with the built in washers etc., rather than worry about the quality of the Halogen offering. Maybe you would just plump for the £26 Xenon lamps fitted by zx10ben and others.
I personally think, after 9 months of owning my XF, that my favourite extra is the all round parking sensor system.
Others have opted for the DAB radio, which I may say, is now of no interest to me at all. At first I thought it would be wanted but in truth I have not moved off FM.
So what would you nominate as you’re most favourite additional item? Will the SatNav make in to the charts? Is the B&W System really all it is cracked up to be? What about the Blind Spot Monitor, I like it; but not as much as those sensors. Then there are the items such as the Blue Tooth connectivity, TV and the really “blingy stuff” like flaps, pedals and chrome bits.
Please just nominate one optional extra, “bling” if you like to call it that, that you feel is the one you would least like to be without.
As said earlier, I nominate:

All round parking sensors

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Parking sensors are a must and all the passengers I've taken, "wow" at the reversing camera, which to be honest I only use to check there's nothing coming when I reverse out of the drive.
The Bluetooth works so well I don't even realise its working till the phone rings.
The DAB I don't use in Germany, but did use in the UK.
The Ipod Interface is good, but the better half prefers listening to the radio.
I have most of the Bling, Chrome vents, pedals and boot finisher oh and lit door sills, all of which add that touch.
As Pekem said, I've done the lights with Philips extreme power bulbs and its made a hell of a difference.
But my fave thing I've done? The thing that gave me most second thoughts but now gets all the comments...My interior lights have been replaced with blue LED's and at night in the car park it looks the dogs danglies with that blue glow from within.
Oh and a very close second is the parking sensors! :D

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So, now we have the parking sensors and the dogs danglies, oops sorry :oops: , I mean Blue LED interior lights.
What is yours :?:

·
Registered
319 Posts
wow..so many to choose from. I had a sun roof fitted & it really does it for me on a bright sunny day... sun roof open, heated seat on & ipod through my B&W sound.
makes all the little niggles drift away.

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sodgob said:
wow..so many to choose from. I had a sun roof fitted & it really does it for me on a bright sunny day... sun roof open, heated seat on & ipod through my B&W sound.
makes all the little niggles drift away.
But if you could only choose one, which would be :?:

·
Registered
242 Posts
For me, on my 2.7 Luxury, it is definitely the winter pack ( with the heated front screen, heated seats and steering wheel). Not quite bling but at my age I need a bit of cosseting :D

·
Registered
225 Posts
The parking sensors are a major boon for sure but the best thing on my car by a country mile is the B&W sound system. I have had Audis with Bang & Olefson, a Disco 3 with a cracking Harman Kardon system but the B&W system in the XF literely blows them out the water. The clarity and mid range are truely outstanding.

IMO :cool:

·
Registered
16 Posts
ipod connectivity without a doubt- fantastic

however all passengers are silent in the car- which never happens

twirling vents- very james bond (lotus espirit in the spy who loved me- if you want the full comparison)

·
Registered
100 Posts
For me its the rear camera with all round sensors... ;) :D

Merry Christmas everyone!!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Not really enough votes to mount a poll, are there, but for what it may be worth mine goes to the arking aids.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Or, as I'm not Noah, the parking aids :)

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Steamdreamer said:
Or, as I'm not Noah, the parking aids :)
If you were he, then it would be a "no brainer" as they say, and the nomination would have gone to the Sat Nav :lol:

Whilst I am on the subject, anyone else care to nominate it :?:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Forget Christmas then,just say which is your favourite extra

Not many nominations for a poll. :eek:
Surely there must be others who rate a particular extra over and above all others :?:

·
Registered
80 Posts
My favourite extra is the B+W sound system. As my profile shows I have 3 Ipods connected Ipod connection (Soul, Funk, Blues etc), Aux (Classical Music) and 3 mm Jack (Pop, electra, rap etc).

For Christmas/Birthday I would buy and fit Front Parking sensors/bumper, I have been told that it means a rewire which I think is BS. The Car is Premium Luxury model and should have the wiring loom for the front already fitted.

·
Registered
62 Posts
My spatial orientation and vestibular system has always been compormised :oops: hence parking sensers all around with camera :geek:

·
Administrator
22,502 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Shalako said:
My spatial orientation and vestibular system has always been compormised :oops: hence parking sensers all around with camera :geek:
I think that you should consult a Medic :shock: oops: I see you are :lol:

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Shalako said:
:idea: Plus a periscope?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts