XF Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a few problems with my new XF which I got in April 08. Just came across this great website forum so I thought I would share my problems!

Alarm was constantly sounding while car locked. \after a number of trips back to the dealer it was traced to a faulty card/microswitch in the passenger door lock mechanism. Jag replaced the card and all is fine now.

I have had many problems with vibration and shudder around and above 70mph. I have the 18 inch wheels. Jag dealer said there is no problem and even took me out in another XF which I had to admit was worse than mine. I have had the wheels balanced twice and although the shudder has improved it is still there. I have done 15,000 miles and my rear tyres are nearly ready fro changing so I hope that solves it, independent garage who balanced tyres says that the tyres are faulted as heavily imbalanced, but Jag dealer says not.I also have large scores in offside rear disc. Jag dealer showed me technical publication (known Jag problem) to say that this is safe and will be replaced at future service

Very happy with car, previously had BMW530D which had a better engine than the Jag, and had less problems, but the Jag interior is far better and the car is far better looking.

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
Welcome to the Forum Cliffy, even if it has taken 15000 miles to get here :D
You will probably have seen that we are able to put questions directly to a Jaguar Service Manager at: http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewforum.php?f=37
and if you do have any unresolved issues or just want another expert view, please just ask.
It would be of interest to us all to know a little more about you and your car and if you would care to complete a little of your Profile that would be good.
Happy XF motoring from now on :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the the Forum, Cliffy
I also have 18" wheels and had no vibration at any speed fully loaded or by myself at speed of 70 mph+++++ .Which tyres do you have on Dunlop or Pireli, I have also noticed the wheels are heavily balanced
Hope new tyres solve your problem so you can have great motoring.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I have had my PL 2.7D since March and have never experienced any shudder or vibration from the 18" Cygnus wheels shod with Dunlops tyres. Both rear discs suffered from scoring and were replaced at the same time as a faulty caliper in June. However braking performance was never an issue.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Vibration - tyres

The tyres that are on my XF with the'shudder' are 18" Pirellis. Given your good experiences I will put Dunlops on as replacements.

Got a price of £157 each from my local garage. Not a bad price.

Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Only 15k miles, though - ouch!

·
Administrator
22,499 Posts
I wasn't sure yesterday but having checked this morning I can say that my car is on Dunlop tyres. Also, it is the case that I have never experienced any problems of the type that cliffy is suffering.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts