XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday my alarm activated (about 5 minutes after I had parked in the hospital car park - very embarassing in that location :oops: ). There was no apparent cause, the car was in view the whole time between locking and alarm activating and no-one came near it. It wasnt windy and there do not appear to be any spiders or webs on the inside.

Unlocked and re-locked the car and hasnt done it again since. Anyone had any probs with the alarm?

p.s. wasnt amused to be told by a porter that he used to have an MGF that did that - going off all the time for no apparent reason. I did tell him that this was the first occasion but refrained from saying that this was a JAGUAR XF not a bloody hairdressers MGF now made by the Chinese !!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Had a random problem with alarm activation with no just cause in my last X Type Estate, it appeared to be caused by rapid heating of the interior after parking in the sun. The dealer could find no cause, but said my observation seemed reasonable. Is there any way this could apply in your case?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Foxtrot said:
Had a random problem with alarm activation with no just cause in my last X Type Estate, it appeared to be caused by rapid heating of the interior after parking in the sun. The dealer could find no cause, but said my observation seemed reasonable. Is there any way this could apply in your case?
Weather was pretty grim here yesterday - cloudy, windy and cold so dont think it would have been that although it did cross my mind. I dont think the wind was strong enough to trigger the movement sensor so still a bit of a mystery but thanks for the tip. Hope it doesnt happen again.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mine went off several times, the most embarrasing was on holiday when it went off
at 05:30. The dealer could not find anything wrong :?:

·
Registered
618 Posts
Car Magazine in the UK have had an issue like this with their long termer and it has been traced to a water leak in the boot corroding the connections.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i think there was also an article in the sunday times about problems with the alarm

·
Registered
62 Posts
Mine went off 3 times one night, activated by the sonar/sonic ? internal senors, now i take all papers etc off of seats, never happened again.

·
Registered
219 Posts
The alarm was also activated with my XF. It's just parked in our street, nobody was nearby. I wasn't home, but my wife was. And she first thought it was a neighbours car making the noise outside, like earlier this week happened with a Volvo V50. The alarm was ended by itself. The only reason my wife could think of that was the strong wind today. Could this be a reason?

·
Registered
219 Posts
mindbrother said:
The alarm was also activated with my XF. It's just parked in our street, nobody was nearby. I wasn't home, but my wife was. And she first thought it was a neighbours car making the noise outside, like earlier this week happened with a Volvo V50. The alarm was ended by itself. The only reason my wife could think of that was the strong wind today. Could this be a reason?
The alarm was activated again without a real reason. My dealer checked the computer logging of the XF. They said the source of the alarm activation was from within the car. They told me that the sensors scan the air/volume inside the car and that it's tollerance was 'sharp'. They changed the tollerance, so some little tiny movement (could be a fly trapped in the car they said) won't activate it again they pressume. We'll see for the coming months if they are right.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts