XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
New to the forum, and due to be a new XF owner early next week. It's a 2.7d luxury (which I know has been 'replaced' with the 3.0 - hence the deal I think my boss got on the car!) Can anyone tell me if it is possible after the sale to upgrade the sound system to the version with ipod interface? (the current mrs baker is also interested in the heated / cooled seats, but I think she will have to wait a while!) I did run a search on after sale upgrade, but without success - any information would be appreciated, or a better search string for me to try.
Many thanks,
Mick

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Welcome to the forum mickbaker :)
You have a few tortuous days ahead; waiting for your XF :lol:
There has been some discussion previously about retrofitting and upgrading, see link below, but I think that on the whole the view is that in most instances the operation would be uneconomic, even if technically possible :(

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=316&p=2724#p2724

·
Registered
100 Posts
Hello mickbaker, I recently purchased an adaptor that allows my ipod nano to play through the aux. jack in the centre console box for £30 approx.

When I get home later today I will post a little bit more info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Liquid,
Thanks for the reply. I already have a lead which connects my ipod to the aux socket in my current car (Volvo XC90) but I understood the B&W version charged the ipod and allowed control of the ipod (play, pause, next track etc) from the radio controls. Not the end of the world as I can still use it in the xf with the aux connection.

Delivery has just been confirmed for Tuesday next week - getting far too excited for an old person!
regards,
Mick

·
Registered
100 Posts
I am sure you wont be disappointed with the XF.

Don't forget to take a camera on Tuesday and post some pics.

If you need any more info just let me know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts