XF Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I just received the info that my car has arrived at the dealer. Great news you might say. Well, there is a problem. I ordered a 320W Audio on the car an that has not been fitted. Dealer says it can not be fitted anymore. Is this true ? Anybody know how what I can do here ?
BR, Everbeur

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Have they fitted the 140 watt or even the B&W 440 watt :?: What are they saying is fitted :?:
Is the dealer saying the car has arrived without a radio :?:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pekem said:
Have they fitted the 140 watt or even the B&W 440 watt :?: What are they saying is fitted :?:
Is the dealer saying the car has arrived without a radio :?:
140W audio has been installed, pfff :cry: Anybody know if the 140W is any good. I'm especially fond of a nice bass.

·
Registered
92 Posts
refuse to take delivery - then haggle a massive discount and fit an after market system (if there is one??)

·
Registered
618 Posts
i would just reject the car, it isnt what you ordered. There is a huge difference between the audio systems although if you are a fan of bass then even the B+W system doesnt have a great subwoofer (its a well know B+W weakness)

·
Registered
281 Posts
everbeur said:
Hi All,
I just received the info that my car has arrived at the dealer. Great news you might say. Well, there is a problem. I ordered a 320W Audio on the car an that has not been fitted. Dealer says it can not be fitted anymore. Is this true ? Anybody know how what I can do here ?
BR, Everbeur
Would have thought if the item you ordered has not been fitted they would automatically upgrade rather than fit a lesser product.

Can't agree with Craig's comment on the B&W bass. How much do you need for goodness sake? If you turn the bass up high the interior vibrates with bass, still with no sound distortion. Not that I have mine that high but it's always good to know what it'll do just in case I feel like going for a 'cruise' with the windows down :D :D

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
It may be that Jaguar, in common with all other makers, would rely on the caveat that appears, in the case of Jaguar, at the back of all brochures that specifications change continuously and the brochure should not be relied on as an infallible guide to current specification.
As for the B&W system; opinions will always vary but What HiFi had good things to say, indeed very good things about the "Terrific bass" :)
http://whathifi.com/News/EXCLUSIVE-REVI ... Jaguar-XF/

·
Registered
107 Posts
Since I have a Premium Luxury on order and the 320w audio is standard on this I sincerely hope my car arrives next week with the 320w system
If it doesnt I will not accept it if it has the standard system fitted, since that was one of the key factors in ordering the PL in the first place
It is like ordering a 3.0D S and it arriving in standard rather than S version

Jaguar UK will know exactly what they are fitting at the factory and in my view should tell the ordering dealer if there are any changes. Having been on the factory tour each car has a distinct 'footprint' based on the specific order, but I guess occasionally the sytem fails

It sounds to me that a mistake has been made in this case, if not all dealers should now be aware the 320w system is no longer an option, and it should be off the Jaguar website.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Think I assumed when you said 'dealer said it cannot be fitted anymore' I thought they were no longer available at all. I guess he probably means he cannot fit the 320w system now as once the car is delivered there is no option to change the audio system.
If this is the case I would be tempted to reject the car.

·
Registered
618 Posts
XFAndy said:
everbeur said:
Can't agree with Craig's comment on the B&W bass. How much do you need for goodness sake? If you turn the bass up high the interior vibrates with bass, still with no sound distortion. Not that I have mine that high but it's always good to know what it'll do just in case I feel like going for a 'cruise' with the windows down :D :D
Fair enough but to be honest with you it is a well known B+W weakness. I have a home cinema setup stocked with high end B+W speakers but not the sub as for the money it is substandard. The quality of the subs is always slated in HIFI reviews also. In the XF the sub is really in the wrong place to do what it needs to do. A top quality sub should not vibrate the interior as that is why the bass isnt as clean as it should be. It also shouldnt be set high as the sub should not be the dominant channel in your system and Jaguar set it as standard too high.

Pekem, I know what What HIFI said about the system but in comparison to the Mark Levinson kit in the Lexus GS and LS the bass range and clarity is not there. Other than that it is a good all round system but certainly not the best available. I think that award should go to the B+O system in the Audi A8.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi All,
Thanks for your replies. In the mean time I have accepted the car because:
1) I was really tired of waiting and don't want to go throug it again :D
2) I got compensation
3) I guess if the sound really is not OK, I'll go the caraudio shop around the corner and have them fit an amplifier and a subwoofer. That should do the trick.

Anyway. There was 1 question that hasn't been answered yet : is the standard system any good. Let's say compared to audi or VW (just to set a benchmark).
Cheers, everbeur

·
Registered
107 Posts
everbeur. best of luck, let us know your opinion of the stereo system, whether it is ok or it disappoints you

1 - 12 of 12 Posts