XF Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
I thought the "S" was associated with the new range of 3.00 Diesel and not the 2.7, the car shown in the picture, or does it apply to all cars now :?:
Also, you are quoting someone " a comprehensive and homogenous car. This is impressive work" Who says so :?:
Personally if I was selling what you are, I would want to focus on one thing mainly, perhaps in one add it would be the mapping, in another the wheels and so on.
I am guessing but I suspect that Mapping is the flavour of the month and if so, that is what I would go on.
If I were then wishing to sell the wheels, it would be the wheels I would write about and picture. Your great picture does a great job for the photographer and Jaguar but not a lot for the exhaust sytem :!:
Well that's my two penn’orth, you did ask :lol:

·
Vendor
561 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wanted feedback for a reason, thank you.

We called our set-up S:Series not knowing that Jaguar were going to release an S badged XF, bit of a pain really, have been wondering what to do about it.

Review was by Jethro Bovingdon on Driver's Republic. As this ad is designed for lots of mags I thought they wouldn't like the reference but having checked DMS' ad they reference lots of magazines so have added it to ours.

The photo needs to be instantly recognisable as an XF as it is going in the major nationals and not Jag specific magazines. Need to catch the attention of an XF or Jag owner flicking through the mag.

How about:

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
As you say, it is a pain that you have been denied the use of the term "S" but it doesn't make any difference to the advert because people will not know you have dropped it. Also, I like the idea of highlighting the fuel economy aspect of Mapping.
If you continue to use the Jethro Bovingdon quote you are right to attribute it otherwise all manner of problems could arise.
I take your point about wanting the XF to be immediately recognised by readers of non specific magazines but are you convinced that the image you have selected does that job best :?:
I suspect that the best known image of the XF is the one used by Jaguar in the closing shot of the TV advert; the same "Full Face" image that appeared on the cover of "What Car" magazine, the front cover of my Jaguar XF brochure and similar to the one used on the home page of this forum, see below.
I don't know if there are any copyright free images available, you may have one of your own, showing the front face of the XF but if there is, it would be the one I would use if only because of the exposure that has gone before.
A consequence of using such an image would be to gain XF recognition faster and just as importantly it would make more space on the artwork for more copy to describe the key benefits of a product you want to sell. It requires a lot of effort to determine quite what the items are that you have overlaid the XF image with, better in my view to allow the exhaust pipes to be seen as exhaust pipes if you want to show them but as you have remarked elsewhere, it is the back end of the pipes that sell; so why not just show that.
Well, that's probably more than tuppence worth this time so I will leave it at that. :lol:

·
Registered
216 Posts
erm - sorry - i hate the quote :(

wtf is a 'comprehensive and homogenous car' - sounds like borrocks to me ;)

all you need is a few simple pics, and a rundown of percentage improvements in power, torque, and mpg for the 2.7d conversion - job done IMO - car geeks love numbers :)

·
Registered
618 Posts
What puts me off most about your adverts and your website is a lack of contact address or geographical phone number. If I have a DMS remap then I can clearly see where to go if things go wrong etc in the websites and adverts. With your stuff I cant, all i can see is that you sell stuff through paramount which is fine but if i dont get the service i expect from them, then what? One may assume that calling yourself spires and having three spires in your logo (albeit of the same size) that you may be based in Coventry but I cannot tell. Anything which puts doubt in the mind of the customer, especially when they are playing with their car warranty is not a positive for you.

·
Administrator
22,498 Posts
Well in my view it's the second, the "portrait" image is the one. I find it easier to visually scan. Copy and image are not fighting each other, everthing flows well.
Additionally, I would go with that one for the simple reason that it is the only one that can be enlarged to a page size.
When times are tough and publication date is closing, publishers are not unknown for offering a page at a substantial discount if they have an advert that can be enlarged to fit ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts