XF Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Accessories price list Treadplates etc

I have my car on order but want to add a few dealer fit options. Maybe I am being stupid but I cannot find the prices of accessories such as illuminated sills, splash guards, pedals etc on the Jaguar website. Could someone point me in the right direction.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
JohnBB said:
I have my car on order but want to add a few dealer fit options. Maybe I am being stupid but I cannot find the prices of accessories such as illuminated sills, splash guards, pedals etc on the Jaguar website. Could someone point me in the right direction.
This scan of my 2008 accessory price list should wet your appetite. Add 15% VAT

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks PUB. Informed decisions can now be made.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You really should check out e bay, better prices direct from Jaguar dealers. Already ordered illuminated treadplates, front and rear mudflaps and pedal covers.

·
Registered
281 Posts
DeKay said:
You really should check out e bay, better prices direct from Jaguar dealers. Already ordered illuminated treadplates, front and rear mudflaps and pedal covers.
This is probably a silly question - but can you fit the illuminated treadplates yourself or does it have to be a dealer fit? Must admit I do like them and the pedal covers so think I could be tempted.

·
Registered
100 Posts
XFAndy said:
DeKay said:
This is probably a silly question - but can you fit the illuminated treadplates yourself or does it have to be a dealer fit? Must admit I do like them and the pedal covers so think I could be tempted.

Hi XFAndy,

I had the treadplates fitted by the dealer. They operate with the main interior light, so I guess if you can locate that wire to connect upto and you feel able to, then have a go. The existing tread plates are clipped in and would need to be prised off carefully. They look great, especially of a night and they compliment the interior lighting. (In my opinion).

NOTE! I didn't feel comfortable to fit them myself, esp. on a £40000 car, with warranty stuff.

As for the pedals, I have just aquired some off Ebay, the instuctions look easy but ensure you have a good 5mm drill as you have to drill 2 holes through the break pedal and one through the accelerator pedal. (Which are hidden on assembly).

·
Registered
281 Posts
Liquidsilver said:
XFAndy said:
DeKay said:

Hi XFAndy,

I had the treadplates fitted by the dealer. They operate with the main interior light, so I guess if you can locate that wire to connect upto and you feel able to, then have a go. The existing tread plates are clipped in and would need to be prised off carefully. They look great, especially of a night and they compliment the interior lighting. (In my opinion).

NOTE! I didn't feel comfortable to fit them myself, esp. on a £40000 car, with warranty stuff.

As for the pedals, I have just aquired some off Ebay, the instuctions look easy but ensure you have a good 5mm drill as you have to drill 2 holes through the break pedal and one through the accelerator pedal. (Which are hidden on assembly).
Thanks for info Liquidsilver. Definately sounds like a dealer job to me, I know my limits when it comes to DIY!! Do you by chance have any pics of the treadplates at night?

Cheers, Andy

·
Registered
76 Posts
The instructions for installation of all accessories are posted on the Jaguar website to read before ordering anything so you can evaluate whether you feel comfortable with tackling the job. Just received my order today and it's all bone fide Jaguar kit - very satisfied!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Andy,
Here you go, I also fitted the pedals today. It took about 15-20 minutes and they look great :D Hugh.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Liquid Silver
Illuminated tread plates are the best accessory you can get for the XF and they are interchangable!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
281 Posts
`thanks Hugh. Pedals look great and treadplates look fantastic. Will be calling my dealer to get both accessories ordered up.

Cheers
Andy

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts
Perter illuminated sill plates are possibly the daftest add on to the XF... But i don't half wish I had them !! What a nice touch they must be .. Could You please post a picture ? Would love to see them. Might have to look into maybe retrofitting them. What a tart I am.

Charlie.
Not here he can't Charlie, this topic is about the parking sensors.
I think if you search for illuminated treadplate you might see want you want :)

C

·
0 Posts
Perter illuminated sill plates are possibly the daftest add on to the XF... But i don't half wish I had them !! What a nice touch they must be .. Could You please post a picture ? Would love to see them. Might have to look into maybe retrofitting them. What a tart I am.

Charlie.

Peter, I did the search and it bought Me straight to .......... This thread ...

·
Administrator
22,500 Posts

Peter, I did the search and it bought Me straight to .......... This thread ...
Well this is as good a place as any Charlie, so your post has been moved here :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts