XF Forum banner

About to order but what colour...?

2K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  DeKay 
#1 ·
Excellent forum, thank you - I've been lurking for a week or so while organising a test drive and deciding whether to buy the new 3.0 diesel. Everyone's enthusiasm and knowledge and a lovely drive around Glasgow has made up my mind.

But, at the risk of getting dragged into the Ultimate-Black-is-best debate, I am torn between the safe Frost Blue/Warm Charcoal and the temptation of Emerald Fire/Warm Charcoal. The pictures in the gallery are very helpful (though not sure what Botanical Fire is!) but the pics of Emerald Fire are all in bright sun (not much of that round here) and I can't seem to find more than one of the Frost Blue. Local dealer doesn't have these on the XF. Could some kind person post some in different lights?

The pale interiors are out alas - have young children. Does the dark interior go with the Emerald Fire?

The new Spectrum Blue looks fantastic but perhaps not a very Jaguar-ish colour? Would anyone wait until it is available? Though given the current delivery time of 12 weeks, ordering it now might make mine one of the very first.

I'd also appreciate any feedback on dealers in Scotland. I'd like to buy locally in Glasgow.

My better half has pointed out that I've spent more time agonising about the colour of the headlining than asking about the engine. So I'm going to send her underneath to change the oil...

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum TimB :)
With so many new members joining us I can only think that Jaguar is on a roll :)
Which colour to go for; I suppose it has to be black :( It seems that the world and his wife is going for it so why wouln't you :lol:
No, you have Botanical Green and have the best of many colours, Emerald Fire included if the sun ever comes out :)
I presume you have viewed our Poll, link below, on colours :?:
Now that you can vote as a member the results will be revealed. If you haven't then I suggest that you enter your present favourite colour and you might be surprised by the result ;)

http://www.xfforum.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=593

#3 ·
My geography of Scotland isn't great but I had some correspondence before Christmas with Stratstone Perth and a Bruce Cleland there who is in the sales department. I liked his approach - good on communication and v helpful. Are you sure you don't like Indigo blue???

#5 ·
Martin said:
My geography of Scotland isn't great but I had some correspondence before Christmas with Stratstone Perth and a Bruce Cleland there who is in the sales department. I liked his approach - good on communication and v helpful. Are you sure you don't like Indigo blue???
Thanks for that Martin. I do like indigo. My dad had an S type in the 60s which was about the same as indigo, so I have a fond memories. In fact, I can still remeber the number plate - 4010 BB. Wonder who's got that now?

TimB

#6 ·
This fellow, Bruce, at Perth, had a beautiful used Botanical Green PL with loads of extras including the telly! But... it had charcoal leather and we had set our hearts in ivory so we didn't go for it. Actually, although I think I prefer the contrast between the dark colours (Botanical Green, Indigo etc) and the ivory leather, this car with dark green, black interior and lovely warm walnut woodwork looked the business! By the way, Autoglym's leather cleaner works a treat! I've never seen a BG on the road but all those that I have seen in the Forum look great!

#7 ·
Hi Tim
Could be worth knowing that when Autocar ordered their fleet XF they contacted Ian Callum (XF's designer) to ask for his ideal colour combo. His answer- Pearl Grey, Ivory interior and 20" wheels.

Would you dare risk going against the man who brought us this fabulous car even if you have got children ;) Incidentally I've a 12 year old and a 7 month old and we're off to the Isle of Wight tomorrow to see how good the ivory leather holds up :eek: :eek: :eek:

#8 ·
DeKay said:
Hi Tim
Could be worth knowing that when Autocar ordered their fleet XF they contacted Ian Callum (XF's designer) to ask for his ideal colour combo. His answer- Pearl Grey, Ivory interior and 20" wheels.

Would you dare risk going against the man who brought us this fabulous car even if you have got children ;) Incidentally I've a 12 year old and a 7 month old and we're off to the Isle of Wight tomorrow to see how good the ivory leather holds up :eek: :eek: :eek:
And lots of 'Wet Wipes' I trust :) :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.