XF Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Very soon I will be buying an XFR, in a very lovely spec. Was wondering if I could pose some questions?

Firstly, I have a Samsung S10+, and want to be able to use as much of it as I can hands-free. Is the best I can do the Bovee thingy that goes in the armrest?
Secondly, what are frequent niggles on these cars? What should I have stored away for repairs etc?

Loved it so much on test drive - really cannot wait to own it!

Cheers!

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
HI, I owned a 2010 XFR (US MY2010, which is similar to the UK 2009 MY XFR).

While the car was mostly trouble free, because I drove it on track often (10+ times/year) I changed a lot of components (brake-related, tire, heat shields, rear e-diff).

If you are not tracking it, I'd say the things you need to worry about (depending on mileage) is rear e-diff fluid/condition and do a thorough testing of the transmission and all drive modes BEFORE signing on the doted line. Check the shift quality in D, S, including the paddle shifters AND shift from D to R and R to D multiple times in a parking lot to see that the car reacts properly. Make sure the bling spot monitors and park sensors and rear camera work. Test all electric windows, entertainment system, etc. Take your time checking every electric function.

As to connecting a phone, you only get the very basic bluetooth functionality anyway. The navigation, etc is horrible, don't even try to use it or you will be frustrated with the car. Just use your favorite phone mount and use Waze or whatever you like.

Good luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts