XF Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be collecting a new XF on Friday, although 10 days ago I had almost adandoned all hope of getting one.
I decided on an XF about 6 months ago but couldn't find a dealer worthy of the name, as none were prepared to offer a decent deal!
So feeling rather rejected (and doubtless resembling my name) I shelved the idea. Months later, out of the blue, a dealer contacted me with some reasonable discounts on current stock. I had been prepared for the interminable wait for a new build as I'm quite choosy and wanted certain options, but I've only had to compromise a little, so I'm very happy.
It's a 3.0D PL Indigo/Ivory with xenons, parking and a driver with a singular smile!

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Welcome to the forum raregrin :)
Your experience was almost the same as my own. I visited four dealers before I found one that was commercial. Like you, I did not have to sacrifice anything of consequence in order to get a good deal and next week delivery :)
Do take a camera along on Friday and then post a picture of your XF at the link below, where you will find you are now on the Roll of Honour

·
Registered
403 Posts
What is the consensus on a "good deal" at the moment on an XF? I got around 11% discount on a factory order which I was pretty pleased with.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To be honest, my problem with a 'good deal' was obtaining a reasonable trade in for my one year old X-Type. The best I was offered, even with online buyers, was a 40% loss after just one year, against the XF list price. I couldn't live with that. The X-Type's only problem really is that it's not an XF, but it's still a fine car. In the end I lost the 40% but after 18 months and achieved 9% off list price.
I have noticed that forecourt prices are higher in other parts of the country, so it may pay to travel, but sadly I don't have the time for that. Maybe some other members have travelled to obtain better deals?

·
Registered
403 Posts
I am returning to Jaguar after owning a VW Passat for the last 3 years.

Prior to that I had an X-Type - was a really nice car. I was swayed over to the Passat by the level of "toys" I could get for my money which weren't available on the X at the time (and the S-Type was a bit too old man for me). Whilst the Passat has been pretty much fautless for the best part of 60,000 miles it has never had the same ambience as a Jaguar which I really miss.

I got my price by asking my local dealer to price-match the online broker Drivethedeal, which they did. I also took the Jaguar PCP deal at 5.9% APR, so I guess they get some profit from that too so were more willing to do the deal.

They also gave me a reasonable p/ex on the Passat - slightly above the What Car valuation and webuyanycar.com offer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts