XF Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A question, after having my first real look around the car I notice that the little bonnet rubber stops are not the set at the same height one is as low as it can go the other as high as it can go, it does not say much for alignment if that is the way the have tried to get my bonnet sitting square (still not perfect, neither are the gaps bonnet/front wings). Anyone else have the same

gary

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
Gary,
If you are referring to the small black rubber discs about 10mm in diameter then I can say that I picked one up off the road after opening the bonnet. I handed it to the dealer Technician and thought no more about it. However, it may be that yours fell of whilst in the workshop and someone has just plonked it back on without any thought about the location.
I do think my bonnet edge where it joins with the wings is asymmetric but again I have not given it any real thought as to how it should be.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
pekem said:
Gary,
If you are referring to the small black rubber discs about 10mm in diameter then I can say that I picked one up off the road after opening the bonnet. I handed it to the dealer Technician and thought no more about it. However, it may be that yours fell of whilst in the workshop and someone has just plonked it back on without any thought about the location.
I do think my bonnet edge where it joins with the wings is asymmetric but again I have not given it any real thought as to how it should be.
No the 2 small discs are just stuck to the underside of the bonnet I am talking about the 2 bolts that screw out/in with rubber stoppers on top about 1" wide. If these are adjusted so the bonnet fits square it would make the rest of the car (my car) about 3/4" out of square (tilted).
Not worried just wanted to know if mine was the only one with these stoppers adjusted to opposite ends of the scale.

gary

·
Administrator
22,497 Posts
I have checked mine Gary and they both appear to be at about the same height. I did think that they were easy to move and wondered if vibration could cause a movement off the correct setting; probably not but it is a thought :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts