XF Forum banner

A few small problems....

2K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  craig 
#1 ·
Hi everyone,

I took delivery of my new 2009 XF Supercharged about a month ago (I love the car tremendously) and three problems have surfaced, and I am wondering if others have experienced them as well.

1. The leather on the drivers seat where I sit seems to be loose, meaning that it appears stretched out and not tight fitting (leather looks wavy). Is this normal for a car only a month old?

2. The left rolling vent almost always rolls closed after the other three have turned over half-way, as if it is not completely synchronized with the other three. Is this normal?

2. My IPhone works with the bluetooth system using the screen but does not work with the voice commands. All other systems work with with voice control except for the bluetooth system. The system tells me "phone not ready" if I try and dial a phone number using voice, so I am forced to dial using the digital dial on the screen. The dealer tells me Jaguar knows about this and is coming out with a software upgrade in a month or so. Has anyone else experienced this?

Thanks for all of your help.

Michael

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to the forum, michael :)
I think that for the first two items you list you should pop in to a dealer and ask them to check them out.
As for the iPhone, the one question that comes to mind is which model are you using and which Firmware is installed :?:

#3 ·
I have a 3G iphone and it is fine (ver 3.0 firmware, and an old (!) ZF 2.7D (born March 08), especially with voice control. I find it the safest way to dial a number, and the number recognition has never let me down, escept for the inability to make sense of 'oh one five one seven nine four three oh bugger' ! I don't think this is a generic problem, but it might have appeared with later models.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.