New Jaguar F-Type to be launched December 2nd - Page 2
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag SM View Post
    Lets see your new design for a car that meets international legislation and doesn't look like everything else on the road. The original made massive compromises to get it's looks, suspension, legroom, storage etc. I'd love to see how the armchair enthusiast like you will bring something to market that looks different and stunning but also delivers in every other area.
    It's not new. It's rhinoplasty, and different tailiights.

The 'original' was a similar new nose on the 2005 XK, with the wheelbase shortened.

It's pointless. The car is dead.

It is only in the news now to stop the impression that JLR is dead.

Launching a car in London in winter, in a "cold snap", with many people frightened of going into the capital, with most press hacks on Election duty, and the female species hooked on Xmas shopping, or I'm a Celebrity or Strictly, is not the sign of good, long-term planning, but the panicked reaction of JLR to the mountain of evidence that it is over, laid out here week after week, which prompted, forced them to pull forward the F-type facelift from the long-announced, scheduled mid-2020 launch, at just days notice.

Putting so much attention on a car that sells under 5,000 units a year genuine is just highlighting JLR's awful situation.

It would make sense for an Aston Martin, but not for a supposed volume maker, aiming/declaring to make around 1 million cars a year.

It highlights the lack of the now nearly 6 months non-appearing XJ replacement, the supposed 'eXJ', and the missing-in-action, slightly higher volume, just, XF facelift, and the plug-in Evoque, E-Pace, F-Pace, Velar etc.

The 2012 F-type was an abomination - a cynical renaming, redressing of the 2005 XK, pretending to idiots that it was the inheritor of the E-type.

This facelift is even a backward step on that. Giving up on the E-type pretence, and doing a bland corporate nose job, and calling it 'New'.

This is, as I've said, the MG Rover trajectory deja vu. Where the top bosses knew it was all over - all the cash robbed, pension pots topped up, foreign property bought etc - and were just doing awful rehashes of awful rehashes, of cars that went back a decade or more, with the X-Power thing the window dressing equivalent of the I-Pace.

It amazes me it fools anyone, but obviously it does, and did, a few.

Not enough though to keep even around 100-150k units/yr MG Rover going, and lure in a stupid buyer, as Nanjing/SAIC saw through what The Phoenix Four were up to - land them with MG Rover and scarper - and certainly not enough fooled buyers to keep around 500k units/yr JLR going, with max around 10,000 hardcore, headbanger ultra patriots in the UK, buying 1 JLR a year.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Gone quiet on the F-type launch/PR stunt front for tonight.

Were they really thinking of doing the loop-the-loop Hot Wheels thing which they did with the F-Pace last week in Saudi Arabia - see link below - and is just a rehash of the same stunt for the F-Pace's launch in 2016, probably with the same equipment?

https://www.thedrive.com/news/31181/...ot-wheels-loop

Good luck with that, in sub-zero temps, and with London Bridge and some surrounding areas cordoned off.

Desperate stuff. Even if they doubled, trebled stunt driver Terry Grant's money, and put winter tyres on the 'new' F-type, I bet he would prefer not to do it, with frost/slimy dampness all over the loop framework, especially if it's down by the river.

Was it for London Bridge? JLR given special access and privilege to close it off, for their/UK plc's stunt?

Where else would it be, other than a London/capital landmark, for maximum worldwide PR/marketing bang?

They can't do Tower Bridge - can they? - between the towers, so that leaves Westminster or Waterloo bridges.

Will Spaffer order mayor Khan and Dick of the Yard to get their woodentops off London's bridges, so that 'Brirish icon' JLR can get on with selling its F-type Icon to the worldwide adoring masses - well, 5,000 or fewer headbangers?

Now we're at December 2nd. Where is the launch of the new F-Type? Has anybody heard about it? Shouldn't there be some kind of press conference or presentation?
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    Now we're at December 2nd. Where is the launch of the new F-Type? Has anybody heard about it? Shouldn't there be some kind of press conference or presentation?
    21:00 CET.

The genius who came up with this - Hallett? - doing a presumably outside launch, for the appealing to 7 year olds loop thing, several hours after the sun has gone down, so very likely cold/damp/freezing, wants taking outside and shooting in front of his family - as St. Jezza always recommends.

Hallett, Speth et al must be really desperate, to plough on with this, give sub-zero temps and heavy dew equals lethal conditions for the loop thing stunt, and the security situation in the presumed event location, London, but given Jaguar's even official latest sales figures, it's really no wonder, that they're so desperate, as Jaguar has ceased going off its 2016-2019 cliff, and is now burrowing down several miles into the valley floor, like this:

https://www.anfia.it/data/portale-an...V_2019_DEF.pdf

- Jag down nearly half - officially - last month in Italy, to a barely worth the bother, few hundred 'sales', in a major country.

Volvo, which not so long ago was barely a thing in latin countries like Italy, only in Scandinavia, UK, US and maybe Germany, is now on the point of overtaking JLR's sales in Italy, and Italy a generation ago was a major market for Land Rover.

Tata and the SH!T management at JLR have totally ruined the company.

Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    21:00 CET.

The genius who came up with this - Hallett? - doing a presumably outside launch, for the appealing to 7 year olds loop thing, several hours after the sun has gone down, so very likely cold/damp/freezing, wants taking outside and shooting in front of his family - as St. Jezza always recommends.

Hallett, Speth et al must be really desperate, to plough on with this, give sub-zero temps and heavy dew equals lethal conditions for the loop thing stunt, and the security situation in the presumed event location, London...
    Isn't Jaguar deep into researching self-driving cars? They could let the car drive around the loop by itself and not risking the life of a stunt driver.

Apart from this, Jaguar has just released a film and some photos on Twitter, so they are actually showing the new F-Type today.

https://twitter.com/Jaguar/status/12...847168515?s=20

https://twitter.com/Jaguar/status/12...134047239?s=20

https://twitter.com/JaguarUKPR/statu...907965953?s=20
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark

And now the magazine Jaguar World tweets, that they have been to the reveal of the "new" Jaguar F-Type at the Design Museum. They write about a 450PS V8 replacing the V6s. Could that be the BMW engine?

https://twitter.com/JaguarWorldMag/s...712754176?s=20

Oh, and Autocar of course also send a tweet.

https://twitter.com/JaguarUKPR/statu...520821248?s=20

And Car Magazine, but I can't post all the tweets.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark

Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    And now the magazine Jaguar World tweets, that they have been to the reveal of the "new" Jaguar F-Type at the Design Museum. They write about a 450PS V8 replacing the V6s. Could that be the BMW engine?
    No, that is the old V8 with a different tune.

I think the more telling issue is that Jaguar is offering the old V6 engine in the US for the 2021, F-Type. I guess they didn't want to bother with engineering in the I-6 Ingenium engine..

Anyway, other than new headlights, the 2021 F-Type looks indistinguishable from the old one.

Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

So... :

1. 'The Stunt' became a child's track, costing five bob - hope Hot Wheels' marketing people judge this money well spent - £1m, more to JLR?

2. the vaunted JLR-BMW relationship/merger actually fell at the first fence - the non-appearance of "JennIfer", BMW's V8, even though JLR/the Media trailed the 'New F-type' as the first car to get a BMW engine, specifically the V8.

3. the reason it isn't getting 'Jennifer' or any other BMW engine, is because:

a) JLR pulled forward the launch of the '2020 F-type' by 6 to 12 months, to show JLR is not dead, and hence the engine wasn't ready, and

b) BMW's new CEO and new top management team know JLR is dead, over, so have pulled the plug on the public nonsense of a BMW-JLR 'deepening relationship'

4. JLR has openly and straight lied about the 'cost of putting the I6 ingenium into the 'New F-type'. The real reason is Ingenium is so bad they daren't, couldn't put it in, as shown by the US tests of the only JLR so far with the I6, the RRS HST thing, where its performance is no better or worse than the 23 year old Ford/Jag AJ-V8(/V6).

5. Ford stops making the 'AJ-V8' ancient engine, at the closing Bridgend factory, early next year, so just months away. But we're to believe that this 'new' car has a future with this engine for years ahead.

This only makes sense if:

a) JLR's real sales of the F-type and other JLRs with this ancient V8(/V6) engines are so small that buying up the end runout of production is enough to see them through well into 2020, and

b) they, Speth and his cronies in management, know that JLR is over anyway, so who cares if the F-type has an engine whose production finishes in months, as they will be gone, retired or jumped ship, so it's someone else's problem - 99.9% the UK taxpayers', dealing with a collapsed, fake company, that was still using an engine from over 2 deacdes ago, in its 'new, latest vehicles' - The Phoenix Four's MG Rover schtick on acid.

The bottom line is:

i) the 'BMW Thing' is fake/moot/dead
    ii) JLR is dead

So, this artificial launch of a 'new' product, pulled forward up to a year, with not even the new(BMW-supplied) engine it was trailed for donkey's as having, is the swansong for the corrupt, collapsed JLR, with Speth and co. as good as writing in six foot high letters to the idiots still believing 'The JLR Thing':

IT'S OVER, THE (your taxpayer billions and billions) MONEY IS ALL GONE, WE'RE OFFSKI IN MONTHS, BEFORE THE SH!T HITS THE FAN. CAPICHE, YOU UTTER MORONS?