Youtube film with 2020 Jaguar XF production.
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

Youtube film with 2020 Jaguar XF production.

I just stumbled upon a film on Youtube published by "supercharged petrolhead". It is titled: "2020 Jaguar XF Production in Castle Bromwich, England, Mega Factories".

It caught my attention, since it said 2020 Jaguar XF. I thought, it would perhaps show af facelift of the XF. It doesn't. Not as far as I can see at least. Instead it's 17:16 minutes of film from the production of the Jaguar XF at Castle Bromwich with no narration or comments whatsoever.

What's at least a little interesting is a comment below by Sim Farmer, who says:

"Good video but, the assembly line at the start of the video is actually no longer there it was stripped out a short time ago. I know this as I was part of the team that build the assembly line in there and a partner of our company has just finished stripping it back out ready for MLA".

If he's right, it seems that something is going on at Castle Bromwich. That something new is on the way. We often get the impression, that JLR is all PR and false promises, but perhaps something new is actually coming.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    If he's right, it seems that something is going on at Castle Bromwich. That something new is on the way. We often get the impression, that JLR is all PR and false promises, but perhaps something new is actually coming.
    - yeah right.

This very day/week, Castle Brom is again shut - blamed on '31.10.19 Brexit'.

JLR/Tata has received £500m from UK taxpayers specifically for CB and supposedly its EV operation.

They have to show something's been done for this public money.

'Ripping up' a few old track lengths, and saying 'it's for 'MLA', does not cover £500m.

They said the same in 2012, with the intro of L405 Range Rover, and its 'all-new' 'PLA' -' Premium Lightweight Architecture' - the alloy body construction introed actually for the 2002 X350 XJ, by Ford/Ford PAG.

I admire your tenacity, but the truth is JLR has gone - went 2016 - and is being kept afloat, literally open - CB, Solihull etc - for political purposes, like the Russian Tsar's Potemkins.

This is the reality of the car market currently - globally:

One car dealership insider said “the level of enquiry coming in the front door is the weakest in memory, people just aren’t looking at new cars”.
    https://www.caradvice.com.au/805288/...ota-hilux-4x4/

- worse than GFC 2008-9, worse than the 70s and early 80s slumps - as I've been saying - is actually unprecedented, but the Plebs are being deliberately kept in the dark, as there may/would be a violent reaction, a la Chile, Hong Kong, France etc.

Once the deliberately inflated house price bubble bursts in a country, car buying vaporises, as house price inflation was the average Pleb's main source of income and perceived wealth, obviously especially for the mushrooming number of ('BTL')landlords over the last decade or so.

The UK's bubble burst in 2016 - London's bubble - and JLR was hit with this and Dieselgate.

Castle Brom's XE, XF, F-type, and until July XJ, are doing around 50k units/yr, and around half of them are fake - self-sales etc.

CB should have shut in 2009/10, when Forster tried to do it, but was blocked by Whitehall, as it was too politically hot.

It's kept open now to keep the pretence of a functioning JLR, and an EV thing going on in UK.

The proof in the pudding is whether we see a real 'eXJ' next week or the week after at LA or Guangzhou motor shows.

If CB is to make this eXJ from mid to late 2020, the production car should be finished - obviously - so why wouldn't they show it.

Let's see in a fortnight or so.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 04-11-19 at 07:32.