CAR SMASHED UP - what next?
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

CAR SMASHED UP - what next?

I have had my XF since October last year, preowned by the garage, with 15 miles on the clock and only 4500 now.
    Three weeks ago it ended up in a sandwich between a VW Touron and a Suzuki that rammed me from behind at high speed into the VW. Insurers have decided it's a write off on economic grounds

SOOOOO

What to get next?

Another XF. An EPace A Range Rover Evoque

Or dare I say it - another marque all together

Please make suggestions

Thanks Des
    Regards Des, South Wales UK.
    MY2018 Jaguar XF Prestige 2.0 Diesel Turbo Ingenium, Black perforated Leather, Rear Camera and all round sensors

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by The Motor View Post

What to get next?

Another XF. An EPace A Range Rover Evoque

Or dare I say it - another marque all together

Please make suggestions

Thanks Des
    Almost impossible to make sensible suggestions, until we know a bit about the sort of criteria you need to consider.

Privately owned, or a company car. i.e. Is BIK taxation an issue ? This could influence the choice of marque.
    Are you ready to go electric or do you have range issues ? (Although around 400 miles a month would suggest range is not a problem).
    How do you rate the Ingenium engine ?
    Did you enjoy driving the XF ?

It looks as if you ought to avoid Suzuki and possibly VW.
    2012 Premium Luxury 3.0D, Garage Opener, Adaptive Lights, Blind Spot, Reversing Camera, Parking Sensors, 12x12 Seats.

Thank you for the reply.

The car is for Private use. BIK not an issue.

Looking at various Hybrids and test drove a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV yesterday and was impressed at its comfort and the drive.

I loved my Jaguar XF - It was beautiful to drive. My good lady had an issue with the lowness as she has a back problem. This is why I am looking at the likes of Evoque or EPace. I cannot afford the iPace even 3 yr old and it has taken a pasting on this site.

Regards
    Des
    MY2018 Jaguar XF Prestige 2.0 Diesel Turbo Ingenium, Black perforated Leather, Rear Camera and all round sensors

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Looking at various Hybrids and test drove a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV yesterday and was impressed at its comfort and the drive.

I loved my Jaguar XF - It was beautiful to drive. My good lady had an issue with the lowness as she has a back problem. This is why I am looking at the likes of Evoque or EPace.
    Same for me with my wife. She finds the XF a bit low, but she also has a problem with cars that are a bit higher off the ground, so you might want to get her to check the ease of entry for different models before you finalise your choice.
    2012 Premium Luxury 3.0D, Garage Opener, Adaptive Lights, Blind Spot, Reversing Camera, Parking Sensors, 12x12 Seats.

A used F-Pace is much better than a new(er) E-pace for same or less money.

If you liked the XF, the F-Pace is the closest thing to a tall XF. It is Jaguar's best vehicle, by far.

The E-Pace on the other hand is a very different proposition. It is extremely harsh, extremely claustrophobic inside. And so is the Evoque by the way. The Evoque seems neat the first time you drive it. The second time it is "ok". The third time it starts to annoy you. After that, you don't want to drive it anymore. The E-Pace is a worse Evoque, and it is bad from the first drive.
    Last edited by Baron95; 09-10-19 at 16:40.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Thanks for the reply. I felt the f pace was a bit large for my requirements but shall take keener look at reviews for it compared to e pace an Vogue.

I am really quite undecided and being such a large outlay I don’t want to regret my final choice.

I am also considering the xe range instead of the XF. Any comments on that Baron?

Thanks for the reply. I felt the f pace was a bit large for my requirements but shall take keener look at reviews for it compared to e pace an Vogue.

I am really quite undecided and being such a large outlay I don’t want to regret my final choice.

I am also considering the xe range instead of the XF. Any comments on that Baron?
    I have only driven the XE once. I liked it. Except for the back seat being quite cramped for my kids. I think it is a great car for 2 people or 2 people and small kids. No bueno for American sized kids

It may be perfect for the UK and your situation. I'd not hesitate to buy it.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover