DSC not available warning
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

DSC not available warning

It might sound daft but stranger things happen.
    Had windscreen replaced last week and first time out after, the above warning light appeared on dash after a about a mile. The fitter removed covers around wipers to remove screen. Is it possible he may have "accidentally " caught a cable somewhere in that area which has caused the fault. It is it just coincidence? If not what does anyone suggest .
    3.0d 2012.
    Any advice most welcome.
    2012 3.0d V6 Luxury. Metallic Indigo Blue. Beige Leather

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Before looking for issues with the windscreen replacement I would have the battery checked on your car.
    DSC Not Available has often been traced back, after other expensive procedures, as the cause by many owners.

Thanks for suggestion . Battery was new last year so should be ok. Taking car to windscreen people on Thursday who have diagnostics. Hopefully nothing to dramatic. Any other suggestions welcome.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Just an update on the DSC problem. I went to norwich on Thursday with no fault showing. After visiting the windscreen people they put my car on their diagnostic machine. It showed a lot of fault codes. The guy wasn't sure what to make of any of them. I went to my local Dealer, Inchcape Norwich and explained the problem to the service receptionist. He got a Service Advisor to check the car for any serious problems on fault codes. I was brought Coffee and biscuits while this was done. About 10 minutes later the Advisor returned and explained in a very professionally and in a friendly way that non of the codes were a problem. He suggested the the fault on screen was most likely to have been caused by a slight drop in battery voltage due to doors being left open while screen was replaced. Apparently the DSC system code is very susceptible to a drop in voltage.
    No charge was made for this work. I had only visited the dealer previously for a minor rectification job about 2 years previously. The services since I bought the car 2 and half years ago has been done by Marshalls Ipswich.
    For various reasons I will not be returning there for future work.
    I can recommend Inchcape Norwich for a very courteous and professional service.
    A very happy customer .