Jaguar XF with manual transmission diesel ,what do you think?
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

Jaguar XF with manual transmission diesel ,what do you think?

Hi people, what do you think about Jaguar XF with manual transmission diesel do this model last forever,since its manual and less things to brake
    any serious or major issues with this type of car engine is diesel 2 litre 163 hp..

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong but a Jaguar XF with a manual gearbox has never been produced yet. Every XF in saloon and Sportbrake guise I have owned since 2008 have had the excellent ZF auto box with the rotary selector.
    You can certainly have an XE with a manual gearbox but my experience of this on a Jaguar experience driving day was so bad that I returned the car after a couple of miles and had it exchanged for an automatic. The ratios on the manual box seemed all wrong.
    Last edited by hydrajaws; 23-06-19 at 22:17.
    XF 2.0 D 240 AWD Portfolio Sportbrake caesium blue,light oyster,panoramic roof, privacy glass all round,USA size number plates.
    In garage and summer use 2006 XK 4.2 convertable frost blue/ivory.

Quote Originally Posted by hydrajaws View Post
    I am sure you will correct me if I am wrong but a Jaguar XF with a manual gearbox has never been produced yet. Every XF in saloon and Sportbrake guise I have owned since 2008 have had the excellent ZF auto box with the rotary selector.
    You can certainly have an XE with a manual gearbox but my experience of this on a Jaguar experience driving day was so bad that I returned the car after a couple of miles and had it exchanged for an automatic. The ratios on the manual box seemed all wrong.
    It has been made as a cheap entry model. I think it was to get the car into a certain tax bracket or pollution class in some countries. Just go to Jaguar's website and start building an XF. The 163 PS and the 180 PS 2 litres diesels come in a manual six speed version.

https://youtu.be/bAjXotBQMK4
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

I have been driving the 2 litre diesel MY 2017 manual gearbox for three years, with now 110’000 km. The dealer thinks I may have the only one such in Suisse Romande. Well, at least it’s apparently the only one they sold.

Why would anyone want a Jaguar and not have the fun of driving it? Paddles do not have the same experience, in my humble opinion.
    X260 in Switzerland