2016 XF R Sport or Portfolio?
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

2016 XF R Sport or Portfolio?

I am looking at getting at 2016 facelift XF and trying to decide between the R Sport and the Portfolio.

What are the main differences between the 2? are the extras worth the trade off in drive for the Portfolio?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by newtons88 View Post
    I am looking at getting at 2016 facelift XF and trying to decide between the R Sport and the Portfolio.

What are the main differences between the 2? are the extras worth the trade off in drive for the Portfolio?
    Having owned a Portfolio, I'd recommend going for the R Sport, mostly for the seats (better support), the black trim (looks better, less blingy), and the better looking 19" wheels. Other than that it is very much similarly equipped to the Portfolio.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Think I prefer the R Sport as well. I will be looking a face lift R Sport 2016- when I change my 2914 R Sport soon. Prob look for something 2016- march 2017 so I escape the silly road tax hike here in the UK for vehicles registered as new from 1/4/17 costing over 40k I think it was.
    2014 3.0L D V6 R SPORT Saloon start stop Stratus Grey Metalic 19inch Aquilla wheels Park sensors Reverse camera Heated screen Keyless entry

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

My vote would be for the Portfolio. I like a bit of chrome on my cars and have never liked having all the brightworked turned into black. I don't know exactly what the spec differences are between the R Sport and Portfolio, but would have expected the Portfolio to prioritise comfort features (more lectric seat adjusments, etc) and the R Sport to forego these things for black trim, firmer seats, etc. But like I say, I've not driven the R Sport so don't know, really.
    Jaguar XJ in Carpathian Gray