Jaguar I-Pace Car of the Year 2019
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

Jaguar I-Pace Car of the Year 2019

In a surprise turn of events, the Jaguar I-Pace has just been elected Car of the Year 2019 in Europe. It was a first win for Jaguar and the first time, there was a tie between number one and number two in the election with 250 points EACH. The Jaguar I-Pace won since it was the number one choice for 18 jury members, which was only the case for 16 jury members with the Alpine A110. As they say: "Two outstanding and sporty models, not suitable for normal budgets, had inflamed the passion of many Jury members." Kia Ceed came in third with 247 points, so it was a close race.

http://www.caroftheyear.org
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

And deservedly so. The I-Pace, warts and all, was the only vehicle from Europe showing real innovation in 2018.

No other vehicle on the list added anything meaningful to the conversation or hinted at the future of the automobile like the I-Pace did.

All that is left to do is to congratulate Jaguar on the award.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover