Facelift XF
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

Thread: Facelift XF

Facelift XF

Apparently new interior is much improved Ian Callum interview below:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...is-motor-show/

We have facelifts of the XE and XF coming out relatively soon, and that makes a big difference. We really sorted the interior out. It’s a really good interior, and I think that’s one of the weaknesses of the current XE

JLR rumour mill is talking of 1.5 and 2.0 petrol engines new generation now being made in china 1.5 is 170ps and 200ps. Turbocharged Inline 6 going into production next week in Wolverhampton - 400ps. Mild hybrid tech for the smaller engines apparently.

Time to start chatting about what this car might actually look like, I guess a price increase is inevitable along with a move upmarket. Personally I'd like to see some new colours as the current range of paint has been around for a while and could do with a change. Hopefully some smarter styling along with new light clusters as the current lights have always looked a bit bargain basement compared to the competition. If they can provide a market leading interior and sharpen up the lights and styling then it could be a nice car and something different to the current German more of the same offerings.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Jag SM View Post
    Apparently new interior is much improved Ian Callum interview below:

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-sho...is-motor-show/

[/I]

JLR rumour mill is talking of 1.5 and 2.0 petrol engines new generation now being made in china 1.5 is 170ps and 200ps. Turbocharged Inline 6 going into production next week in Wolverhampton - 400ps. Mild hybrid tech for the smaller engines apparently.

Time to start chatting about what this car might actually look like, I guess a price increase is inevitable along with a move upmarket. Personally I'd like to see some new colours as the current range of paint has been around for a while and could do with a change. Hopefully some smarter styling along with new light clusters as the current lights have always looked a bit bargain basement compared to the competition. If they can provide a market leading interior and sharpen up the lights and styling then it could be a nice car and something different to the current German more of the same offerings.
    I would love those rumours to be true. I think the facelift of the original XF was very impressive. It not only improved the looks quite a lot. There were also a lot of small improvements. I have gone from a facelift to an original XF, so I have really felt the differences. I can mention a little thing like the light in the instruments and controls became controlled by the surrounding light. On the original XF they just turn on with the lights, so unless it's really dark outside, you can't read the buttons and the instruments, since they are blue on a silver background. Not very legible. There are several of these small improvements, that you don't notice on a short test drive.

What worries me is, that there have in the last few years been a lot of similar rumours about improvements, new Jaguar engines and even completely new models. They just haven't materialized. A new XJ should have been here two years ago. So should the six cylinder Ingenium engine. I actually seem to remember, that they promised to improve the interior of the new XF, since it was criticized for being to ordinary without the feeling of luxury, that we are used to in a Jaguar. I don't think they have changed anything in the interior of the current XF yet.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    I would love those rumours to be true. I think the facelift of the original XF was very impressive. It not only improved the looks quite a lot. There were also a lot of small improvements. I have gone from a facelift to an original XF, so I have really felt the differences. I can mention a little thing like the light in the instruments and controls became controlled by the surrounding light. On the original XF they just turn on with the lights, so unless it's really dark outside, you can't read the buttons and the instruments, since they are blue on a silver background. Not very legible. There are several of these small improvements, that you don't notice on a short test drive.

What worries me is, that there have in the last few years been a lot of similar rumours about improvements, new Jaguar engines and even completely new models. They just haven't materialized. A new XJ should have been here two years ago. So should the six cylinder Ingenium engine. I actually seem to remember, that they promised to improve the interior of the new XF, since it was criticized for being to ordinary without the feeling of luxury, that we are used to in a Jaguar. I don't think they have changed anything in the interior of the current XF yet.
    I've spoken to some that have seen new XE and the general feel seems to be that the interior is much better so I'd expect that to follow through to XF. New colours in XE replace corris grey and loire blue with production now ending for those colours. All of them are mild hybrid with no PHEV for the foreseeable future.