E-Pace News
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

Thread: E-Pace News

E-Pace News

E Pace races biplane at Abingdon air show yesterday.
    DSC04873.jpg
    Robbed from the Jensen owners club forum who were present at the show yesterday.
    Stratus Grey, Black pack, 3.0 DS Premium Luxury 2014 & Jensen Interceptor MKIII .

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

So....Who won?
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Administrator
    It may be that if a customer obtains his car’s VIN and then logs in to Topix, interrogates it for information specific to the car that it would display information to that which this guy noted about his.
    Or maybe not.

Perhaps one of the many JLR /Dealership employees that view this site can enlighten us ?

Hi everyone, so my car is almost here and I have managed to get hold of my VIN so I could have a nose on TOPIx.

Not sure if that was a good thing to do or not! Is there anyone on here who could help me understand if there is anything worrying within my activity stream that I need to address pre-purchase?

I have no experience with this kind of stuff and would like to have some idea when speaking with the dealer

FAA290_F0-_C93_E-45_EA-9760-794_ECFBADFBC.jpg
    5819_EFEE-_FB24-4019-_BD4_C-7_C9949_A5759_F.jpg

https://www.epaceforums.co.uk/viewto...8&p=1245#p1245

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    It may be that if a customer obtains his car’s VIN and then logs in to Topix, interrogates it for information specific to the car that it would display information similar to that which this guy noted about his.
    Or maybe not.

Perhaps one of the many JLR /Dealership employees that view this site can enlighten us ?

FAA290_F0-_C93_E-45_EA-9760-794_ECFBADFBC.jpg
    5819_EFEE-_FB24-4019-_BD4_C-7_C9949_A5759_F.jpg

https://www.epaceforums.co.uk/viewto...8&p=1245#p1245
    Pah! Nothing that a few press releases won't fix!

Seriously, JLR has run up against reality - building cars is v. complicated and difficult - see a Mr. Musk of San Jose Lunatic Asylum for corroboration.

The halcyon days of 2011-2015, when lobbing £1 million at the flavour of the month Z-lister fixed everything, and shifted 100k units of Evoque and RRSport to brain dead wannabes, are long gone.

Now it's millions of lines of code, service bays backed up with warranty claims, and a workforce only suited to 3rd rate Saatchi & Saatchi work.

Administrator
    Eat you heart out E-Pace, electrified or not.
    This car is a game changer.

Any guesses how long the warranty will run for, just the car ?
    Government requires that the battery will last eight years.

I don't know in Europe, but in the US both Kia and Jaguar provide 5 years, 60,000 miles bumper to bumper warranty standard.

VW offer 6 years, 72,000 miles (trying to repair their brand image).

Warranty is only news in Europe, since you guys let manufacturers treat you like garbage, forcing you to order cars at sticker price, and giving you ridiculously short warranties.
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

Administrator
    The E-Pace in common with most European manufacturers limit the warranty to three years, batteries for EVs must run for eight.
    We have Kia offering seven years and Hyundai appear to have settled on five years in the U.K. so I think that companies like JAGUAR will need to take note, particularly when posts on the E-Pace forum are like this:

Looking at the many complaints on the Forum over issues with the new E Pace, [my own has a few, some annoyingly intermittent (eg.radio, stop/start) and the worse being run away throttle (twice)], is there any way that the Forum can collate and send to Jaguar Corporate for comment/action?

Whilst my dealer admits that they have a number of dissatisfied customers and are trying to rectify (helpfully) as best they can, the comment they tend to make is "well its a new car and early versions will have faults and we rely on the customer to alert us as they occur" - great!!

I'm sure that both the dealer and Jaguar have a legal duty to ensure that their vehicles are as described, fit for purpose and safe.

Any legal minds out there that could advise?

PS. I bought a new "S" Type Jag when they were first released back in 1999 (from the same Dealer) and had no real problems with it over the 5 years I owned it. Perhaps today's advanced technology is just not man enough?
    Jaguar/Magna will need to ensure that similar posts don’t get posted on the I-Pace forum !