My 2018 2.0D 250 Sportbrake in Caesium Blue
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

My 2018 2.0D 250 Sportbrake in Caesium Blue

Taken at Slapton Sands Devon
    Attached Images Attached Images
    XF 2.0 D 240 AWD Portfolio Sportbrake caesium blue,light oyster,panoramic roof, privacy glass all round,USA size number plates.
    In garage and summer use 2006 XK 4.2 convertable frost blue/ivory.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by hydrajaws View Post
    Taken at Slapton Sands Devon
    I just saw your signature in another post and was reminded of your XF. How is it holding up? Is the driveshaft allright, and the CD player working? How do you like the engine? The 240 PS version is not so common. Is it a good replacement for the old V6? Why do you have the USA size number plates BTW? Just for the look? How does it look in the rear? And what are you using those amber front and side marking lights for? Are they instead of the DRL LED's built into the headlight cluster?
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

I am delighted with my now almost a year old XF Sportbrake having covered 10500 troublefree miles. The 240 engine is superb with huge acceleration when required and over 11 months of mixed motorway and town driving has averaged 42 mpg. No driveline vibration which plagued both my F Paces resulting in rejection and the AWD feature has been useful in the recent snow.Because I have a short personal registration I have always chosen to fit USA size plates front and rear which currently show a surround frame from Alpine Jaguar in Fort Lauderdale who I have visited on several occasions. The orange LED front and side marker lights are wired through the ignition circuit and give the car a USA unique theme. A week ago my dealer did the latest upgrade to the infortainment system which now includes Apple Play and Google maps and the little used CD player will now function without freezing. All my music is played from my I phone or USB stick so the new screen display that comes with the latest upgrade is a huge improvement and more user friendly. My dealer changed the rear brake discs and pads as they had noticed a rusty ring on the disc where the pad was not totally covering the whole area. Jaguar have had huge issues with rusty brake discs probably due to their buy cheap policy over the last few years which has no doubt added to their enormous warranty bills run up by dealers of late.
    XF 2.0 D 240 AWD Portfolio Sportbrake caesium blue,light oyster,panoramic roof, privacy glass all round,USA size number plates.
    In garage and summer use 2006 XK 4.2 convertable frost blue/ivory.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

That sounds great all of it. I'm very pleased to hear, the infotainment system is now working. And you even got Apple Play and Google Maps with a software update. Recently we have heard complaints about E-Pace delivered without those functions. And they could never be upgraded to include those functions. It's also good to hear, you don't have driveline vibration, and that the engine is powerful. I don't think, we hear so much about the members' XF's anymore. And I also don't remember to have seen many of the new, current model on this forum.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.