F-Pace SVR launched
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

F-Pace SVR launched

Woke up this morning to my app from Netcarshow.com showing the new Jaguar F-Pace SVR with 550 hp V8 engine. Nice looking car, but they don't mention the fuel consumption

https://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2019-f-pace_svr/

Jaguar-F-Pace_SVR-2019-1280-0a.jpg
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

front end should be changed to be more in conjunction with v8 back end looks great!
    .................................................. ........
    MY2012, 3.0D S Premium Luxury, Ultimate black over barley. Did I mention 20'' draco's?

Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    Nice looking car, but they don't mention the fuel consumption
    Yep, because it's that bad.

The Range Rover Sport SVR, which is the same car plus about 100 kilos, is 294g/km CO2 and 22 mpg(imp.) by NEDC, which means the F-Pace SVR will be around 330g/km CO2 and 19 mpg/16 mpg(US)/15l/100km by WLTP(+~17%).

That's disastrous, but JLR's real problem is that this car, I believe, is not Euro 6c compliant.

WLTP/Euro 6c requires a much lower level of particulate emission, for petrols too, which requires a filter, like for diesels for years.

BMW have and are still pulling more models out of production due to this.

There's no way in the world JLR have engineered a particulate filter into the F-Pace, whose platform dates back to the 2003 XJ.

Also, it requires changes to the engine itself. The AJ-133 is a decade old. Hardly likely to be easy to make comply.

This is why they have slung the F-Pace SVR out, and avoided mention of mpg and CO2. Why? Because they themselves don't know.

Why? Because the car hasn't been certified, at least to WLTP/Euro 6c/Euro 6d(2020).

It's desperation. Put it on sale, get the critically needed cash up-front, and hope something turns up before actual promised delivery point in 'summer 2018', which of course is just around the corner.

The 'F-Pace SVR' is a classic 'JLR 180' - presented as a huge postive, but actually a huge disaster, just untold by the lickspittle media, who probably don't understand it themselves.

JLR is so reminiscent of MG Rover 2004/5, with shonky stuff like this, the non-certified SVR projectile vomitted out onto the market, just for the desperately needed cash.

MG Rover's excuse was it was a joke outfit from day one anyway, just stringing things out until the directors had filled their pockets, but JLR is presented as a serious business, 'taking it to the Krauts', etc.

The F-Pace SVR(non-certified) will go down as JLR's rear-wheel drive Rover 75 with a Mustang V8 - a window-dressing joke, on the not in the loop workers, whilst the high-ups are no doubt making plans for a swift exit, and hiring briefs who can tell them how to say 'I have no recollection... ' to dopy British MPs, in the ensuing 'lessons must be learned' inevitable inquiry.
    Last edited by BMVIrep; 28-03-18 at 14:04. Reason: 'sans/plus'

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

talk about 15 minutes of fame...

Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    Woke up this morning to my app from Netcarshow.com showing the new Jaguar F-Pace SVR with 550 hp V8 engine. Nice looking car, but they don't mention the fuel consumption

https://www.netcarshow.com/jaguar/2019-f-pace_svr/
    - 28th of MARCH 2018.

Almost 8 months later, nothing.

Nothing too from the media, asking where is it, promised for delivery 'summer 2018'?

What happened to the deposit money put down by saps?

The answer to what happened, is as above - the ancient AJ-V8/AJ-133 is a)massively CO2 emitting/fuel guzzling in Euro 6c/d spec, b) in this strangulated form, with a particulate filter bung up its backside, 100-150 hp off the real, understated outputs of the Alfa Stelvio QV and Merc-AMG GLC 63 S competition:

https://www.pistonheads.com/news/ph-...g-record/39182

Still, as along as JLR/Tata have the mugs' ~£5m in deposits for this and sister car Velar SVR, eh?

We have movement!

Just spoke to SVO Coventry help desk, a very nice lady tells me the hold up on taking orders for the F Pace SVO is down to tyre testing\supply issues. No specifics but promised they really are going to manufacture it! She suggested retailers may be able to put orders through some time in January, again, nothing specific.
    https://www.fpaceforums.co.uk/viewto...5cc7&start=260

translated: the intern/work experience kid has been told by management to tell the mugs/customers that 'the dog ate my homework'. And:

- 'ring back in the new year', when my six-weeks, taxpayer-paid 'apprenticeship' will be over, and the bosses will either have been sacked for gross incompetence, made redundant, or in jail, awaiting trial for taking money under false pretences, and operating a Ponzi scheme.

No, scratch that! New cock and bull story:

Second quarter of 2019, delay due to emissions and getting it in-line with the rest of the range. It will most probably be less power than originally advertised, but tweaked to improved acceleration and power transference. Apparently it will also be a bit quieter than originally expected.
    - is this a £40bn serious car company, or a Nigerian email scam?

Apologies to Nigerian email scammers, associating them with JLR.

'please respond, your money awaiting, just send bank details':

I’ve been on the phone to HQ 3 times in the last week - and I’ve been promised my order will actually be placed by the end of this week (10th Dec).
    - these clowns are giving shysterism a bad name.

Someone left with a brain:

If I were a betting type I imagine they are struggling to achieve the required emissions without turning the vehicle into a snail, a very hungry snail at that. As the whole point, in my case, was the performance and "sound" of the SVO if it is to be strangled I could spend my £90k better elsewhere
    - what I said aeons ago - the ancient, 22 years old AJ-V8, or 'Premium Unicorn Powertrain' (PUP) that JLR may call it, is so old, and so out of the ark off the pace, against stuff like Merc's/VAG's 4-litre V8s, BMW's 500hp I6, FCA/Ferrari's 500hp V6, that even JLR can't swing this one by its lickspittle media partners, and get them to salute, and say how stunning it is against the also-ran competition - a lie too far for even JLR's reptile media mates.

Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    Someone left with a brain:

- what I said aeons ago - the ancient, 22 years old AJ-V8, or 'Premium Unicorn Powertrain' (PUP) that JLR may call it, is so old, and so out of the ark off the pace, against stuff like Merc's/VAG's 4-litre V8s, BMW's 500hp I6, FCA/Ferrari's 500hp V6, that even JLR can't swing this one by its lickspittle media partners, and get them to salute, and say how stunning it is against the also-ran competition - a lie too far for even JLR's reptile media mates.
    I just got an online Jaguar Magazine from Jaguar UK called "THE JAGUAR issue 4 / 2018". It has an article about the F-Pace SVR. It says:

"OFFICIAL EU FUEL CONSUMPTION FIGURES FOR THE F-PACE SVR in l/100km (mpg): 11.7; CO2 emissions g/km: 272.
    For comparison purposes only. Real world figures may differ."

I assume the "(mpg)" is a typo.
    It's very close to my 2009 XF for a larger car with 150 hp more. There is some progress after all
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.