Haymarket hatchets Baby Jag - Page 3
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    That being so and the the fact that the XJ, F-Type and XF are struggling for sales and the F-Pace can be expected to give up sales to the E-Pace, the question from me is why not build the E-Pace in the U.K. where there must be, or will be, capacity ?
    fill your boots - comments as always more important than the JLR press release masquerading as journalism article:

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/...ction-14176102

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Sounds like a great time to buy a new Jaguar is mid-April to July!

"Now the company had confirmed there will be a “temporary adjustment to the shift pattern from mid April until July” as the company tries to cope with falling demand for its vehicles as the Brexit uncertainty continues."

And what clowns too! "...the uncertainty of Brexit..." I've read many times since the EU referendum in June 2016 from Jaguar press releases that "...despite Brexit..." business is booming. Sloppy PR... Sloppy journalism - if it suits the circumstance, blame Brexit! I've written many journalistic stories since last October of international and European banks changing their earlier decisions to relocate post-Brexit with many saying they are now scaling back and staying in London's square mile.

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    You may be right but wouldn’t Magna be required to establish a dedicated line and maximise output ?
    That is not how flexible manufacturing plants work. While there is indeed a dedicated assembly line for the E-Pace, a lot of the factory resources are shared across all products being built there.

Key examples are:
    1 - Paint Shop - typically the item limiting maximum production rate on a factory. In the US and Europe environmental regulations and licensing typically limits the numbers of cars painted per day/week on a paint shop.
    2 - Post production testing and inspection.
    3 - Shipping and receiving.
    4 - Tire/wheel mounting.
    5 - Wiring harness assembly.

That is how Magna can be less costly to an manufacturer like Jaguar or Porsche. They use economies of scale on the "common/shared processes".
    Hailing from: New England, USA
    Jaguar XF Ownership History: 2009 XF-SC(SV8), 2010 XFR, 2012 V8 Portfolio
    Looking For: Good Handling/Light Jaguar Sports Car and Off-Road Capable Land Rover

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post
    Didn't say 'fields of them', did I. I said Rawdon Glover said it was 'a sales success', and you said it was 'factory order only in UK'.

I said also 'literally only see self-sales 'Ox' plate cars in Solihull/B'ham/S.Warks'.

Magna are probably building only 40-50k/yr anyway. Evoque 18 months in was already doing 100k+, and headed to around 125-150k/yr in its late 2012-early 2015 heyday.

There are around 150 Evoques on fuelly.com. Pro rata, after 12+ months v 7 years for the Evoque, the E-Pace ahould be at around 20-30 by now.

It's a flop. It's a typically £40-50k diesel car, when this is the precise type collapsed to almost zero in UK.

The Evoque still outsells it 2 to 3 times, even at the fag end of its life.

JLR has to push it, fake sale it, and kid on its is a 'sales success' in public/official financial statements, because it can't reduce production with Magna, as word getting out would be the end of JLR, even for lazy, thick analysts reading press releases.

That's it. I'm done on the E-Pace. Awful car does not warrant such deep analysis - It's crap, it's a joke, it doesn't (really) sell.
    It's hardly surprising there are a lot of company E-Paces around brum and solihull. The reason there are few local registrations is because in that area everyone's wifes mother gets a JLR discount and E-Pace doesn't get anything for employees or their relatives, or partner companies. I'd say that is a sign of success rather than the failure you paint it to be. There is no staff discount on E-Pace, currently there is little stock as most have had to factory order them.

It might not fit your narrative, but they are selling. You can't get a new one straight away and the used ex jag cars are selling for decent prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Jag SM View Post
    It's hardly surprising there are a lot of company E-Paces around brum and solihull. The reason there are few local registrations is because in that area everyone's wifes mother gets a JLR discount and E-Pace doesn't get anything for employees or their relatives, or partner companies. I'd say that is a sign of success rather than the failure you paint it to be. There is no staff discount on E-Pace, currently there is little stock as most have had to factory order them.

It might not fit your narrative, but they are selling. You can't get a new one straight away and the used ex jag cars are selling for decent prices.
    This is the I-Pace thread. The 4 entries on fuelly.com sum up the wart on wheels, whatever your blathering to the contrary.

For the record, 'everyone's wife's mother' = 'Bx' prefix, not 'Ox' prefix. See, you tripped yourself up again.

All I see is 'Ox's, Gaydon - Oxfordshire registered. I see lots of Velars, on 'Bx', but that's because of the £199/month employee leases.

Let's stick a fork in this E-Pace thing, which JLR should have done at birth, and refocus on the I-Pace, where even by the official, fake sale figure, 1,300-odd for February, it's a monumental flop. That's not even what Magna needs to keep its small-beer production going - 2,000+/month.

Real sales, stripping away the obviously fake ~400 in Norway in Feb - almost certainly a sale to rental firm(s) - and the pushing of stock in Germany and elsewhere, are around 500/month, and falling.

The floppiest flop ever, any time, any where.

Should be major news, like the 1976/77 blanket coverage of the Rover SD1 and its travails(last British winner of ECotY?) - both piss poor quality/product development and plunging sales after the initial hype - sound familiar? - but instead the BBC et al are doing Pravda on stilts, with glowing report after report, award after award. What happened to journalism? What happened to the UK? What happened to its now majority spinless, gutless people, afraid of Big Brother and their shadow?

Quote Originally Posted by BMVIrep View Post

For the record, 'everyone's wife's mother' = 'Bx' prefix, not 'Ox' prefix. See, you tripped yourself up again.

All I see is 'Ox's, Gaydon - Oxfordshire registered. I see lots of Velars, on 'Bx', but that's because of the £199/month employee leases.
    Exactly my point, there is no employee discount on E-Pace so in that part on the country they won't buy them - maybe should should actually read my post.