Trading up for a 2011 2.2d luxury to a 2016 2.0D prestige - Page 3
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Yes, it was a good deal. The car is on a 17 plate (not a 67) but the price compared well with others of a similar age ( may 17)and spec (inscription) and up to 8k miles. I was lucky in that mine was a lease car which was never picked up. From the paperwork, I see it was originally delivered to a Huddersfield dealer, then I guess at some stage, it was driven down to London where I bought it a few months later. Dealer was good too.

i did look at at XFs, but the dealers were hard work to deal with, so I gave up.
    I did have a go at carwow, but didn’t get any worthwhile deals. I prefer a lightly used car compared to a brand new one. The savings are too good to ignore which is why I went down the pre-loved route.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    Certainly Volvo is in the ascendant at present and I am sure you will be delighted with S90.
    I am sure it would have made for a good video to witness the introduction to you of the Volvo’s technology in the car.
    Enjoy

Interested to know how the Carwow process operates.
    Were you able to chose a dealer for handover, was it easy to transact ?
    yes the tech is very impressive, particularly the adaptive cruise. The self steering is good too, but I don’t quite yet trust it totally!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabind View Post
    yes the tech is very impressive, particularly the adaptive cruise. The self steering is good too, but I don’t quite yet trust it totally!
    If it is the self parking that you lack confidence in then you can be assured it is fine. May not be as close to the kerb as you might like, depends on the gutter width, but generally fine.

In an an emergency situation you must hope you never need to discover how good or bad it is.
    In my car I did experience an emergency and was completely surprised when my seat belt was tensioned, audible alarm was activated and at the same time the car braked and came to an halt. All because I was cut up by a boy racer who had not recognised that there was an hazard ahead of us which he would have crashed into if our car had not braked.

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    In my car I did experience an emergency and was completely surprised when my seat belt was tensioned, audible alarm was activated and at the same time the car braked and came to an halt. All because I was cut up by a boy racer who had not recognised that there was an hazard ahead of us which he would have crashed into if our car had not braked.
    This tech is really brilliant. My XF gave me a similar helping hand when someone, presumeably without looking, opened a car door out into my path in a narrow street. I would like to think I would have avoided it anyway, but the speed of the car's reaction was impressive!
    Current: 2015 XF 2.0d 180ps Auto Portfolio. Dark Sapphire, Light Oyster, Vortex, Panoramic Sunroof
    Current: 2011 XK 5.0 Coupe SE. Black Cherry, Charcoal/Ivory
    Previous: 2009 XF 3.0D Portfolio. Spectrum Blue, Warm Charcoal, Senta, Parking Pack

Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    Carabind wrote: "Well, a progress report. I discounted the AWD versions based on the press test reports. Little advantage to AWD, money better spent on winter tyres."

Exactly my thought. AWD may make you get started and drive faster, but I'm more concerned about stopping.
    I think all new Jaguars are available with sophisticated traction control making awd unnecessary in almost all markets. I forget what they call it, all surface progress control or something like that. It is a development of land rovers hill descent control. Using the abs brake system capabilities and very precise throttle control, plus probably engine power control through ignition timing I should think, the car essentially drives itself from rest to about 20 km/hr. Traction is all about very precise engine power control. For a long time automatic transmission equipped cars could not match an expert driver, now the Jaguar not only matches the performance of the most skilled driver it exceeds it.

Definitely if you are considering awd to get better slippery cold road performance winter tires are essential whereas awd is not. Even older Jaguars deliver excellent low road friction grip with Winter selected, TRAC selected and manual control of the gear selection using S and the paddles. Only with proper tires though. Summer tires do not grip in winter conditions.

Jaguars awd adds about 75 kg to curb weight and for most of the time there is no wear and very little fuel economy impact because the awd hardly ever actually engages at the transmission connection, the only extra drag is from rotation of the front drive shaft assemblies driven by the front wheels. Only buy awd if you regularly drive in deep snow.
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal