Trading up for a 2011 2.2d luxury to a 2016 2.0D prestige
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Trading up for a 2011 2.2d luxury to a 2016 2.0D prestige

Hi there
    Thinking of changing my old facelift XF. Iíve loved every mile but as weíre getting close to 100k miles, maybe itís time to part company.

I have a couple of specific issues

has any traded up from the old 2.2 (ford derived) unit to the 2.0 ingenium unit?
    Iíve read elsewhere about some vibration issues, are these isolated?
    Alos. Is the mpg visibly better?

also, the car Iím focused on is listed at 180bhp output ( on a 2016 plate)
    Does this seem right as I canít see it as a current option

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    Presumably you are referring to the Ingenium Diesel?

Yes, the ingenium diesel

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I will only say that the Ingenium diesel engines , and petrol for that matter, are not the engines that you might have hoped for.
    I suggest that you simply read the views, after searching, of BMVIrep.
    He is much maligned on here, regarded as a troll by some, but the fact is he highlighted the Ingenium engine’s failings a long time ago and has since had his concerns validated by the auto press.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabind View Post
    also, the car I’m focused on is listed at 180bhp output ( on a 2016 plate)
    Does this seem right as I can’t see it as a current option
    That engine is a current option and probably the most popular version of the Ingenium Diesel engine. Notice, that horse powers can be a little different. Bhp, hp and PS differ slightly, so in the UK, it's often called 178 hp or bhp, whereas in mainland Europe it's 180 PS.
    Kind regards
    Henrik MŁnster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

Well, things move as, as I have, and the search now includes r sports and portfolio models. Better looking too. As I didn’t like the prestige wheels.

ive come across a few AWD cars at a well known car retailer/reseller . Begins with a M and ends in a T (ten letters)

digging into the specs, I see the MPG, emissions and 0-60 suffer a bit. They don’t seem to be much dearer (at least second hand) but it’s more kit (ie drive shafts ) to age and possibly go wrong.

It’s a version that wasn’t available till the 2016 model in the UK, so I’ve no local knowledge of these, but i think it’s been available in other markets for some time

Does anyone have one, or experience or a view whether it’s worth considering?

Well, a progress report. I discounted the AWD versions based on the press test reports. Little advantage to AWD, money better spent on winter tyres.

And shoddy treatment by a couple of dealers has put me right off, now.First one (a jaguar main dealer) reversed on verbally agreed figures by £250. Then he didnít mention that the dealer contribution relied on me taking finance for a minimum of 6 months, which would have cost me an extra £500+ in interest.The second was a well known car supermarket. Probably the biggest, without mentioning names. Their car was a great price but the trade in was correspondingly lower. I specifically asked if had been a hire care and was told categorically no, it was a lease car. A company name (Scot Ltd) popped up on the associated virtual paper work, when I checked later, this was the name behind Dollar/Thrifty. Car dealers? Youíve just got to love them. Iím going to stick with my old car a little longer. Anything not to perpetuate any contact with any further thieving scum in suits.

Carabind wrote: "Well, a progress report. I discounted the AWD versions based on the press test reports. Little advantage to AWD, money better spent on winter tyres."

Exactly my thought. AWD may make you get started and drive faster, but I'm more concerned about stopping.
    Kind regards
    Henrik MŁnster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Carabind View Post
    And shoddy treatment by a couple of dealers has put me right off, now.First one (a jaguar main dealer) reversed on verbally agreed figures by £250. Then he didnít mention that the dealer contribution relied on me taking finance for a minimum of 6 months, which would have cost me an extra £500+ in interest.
    I have always assumed that the dealer contribution is part and parcel of the advertised PCP price.
    Very unusual today to see the retail price of a promoted car. Indeed anyone today wanting to buy a car via a part exchange and cash balance is simply not wanted by some dealers.