Insane renewal price - cust ref 259034670
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

Insane renewal price - cust ref 259034670

Hi,

I just got my renewal price of a whooping £1045 for 2000 miles per year!! Over twice the amount comparison sites are giving me for 5000 miles per year. I'm 36, 13 years NCB, no claims, no points, no restrictions, no mods, good postcode etc etc

I just called and spoke to guy who wasn't really interested in helping me, basically told me to take my business elsewhere without checking if he could even improve the price! So I guess that's what I'm going to have to do...

Regards

Lee

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

got renewal today - my premium has gone up by £121 - no claims, penalties etc. going to shop around over the weekend.
    .................................................. ........
    MY2012, 3.0D S Premium Luxury, Ultimate black over barley. Did I mention 20'' draco's?

Couple of years ago my wife's premium went up 60% for absolutely no apparent reason. The company told me they had had a number of LR accidents over the past year and had changed insurance group hence the rise!
    I have shopped around ever since and have kept the premiums at her previous level.
    2013 XFR, IRR with ivory, rear camera, voice, TPMS, adaptive lights.
    Previously 2008 Botanical Green SV8[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by leet8845 View Post
    Hi,

I just got my renewal price of a whooping £1045 for 2000 miles per year!! Over twice the amount comparison sites are giving me for 5000 miles per year. I'm 36, 13 years NCB, no claims, no points, no restrictions, no mods, good postcode etc etc
    I'm similar age, less ncb (38/8), no claims etc and with 12k miles/year, I'm getting quotes like £680 - 850 tops. change them for sure as it can't be that my postcode is that good

although got my licence for 20y, you? (assuming it does matter...?)
    MY2012, 3.0D S Premium Luxury, Ultimate black over barley. Did I mention 20'' draco's?

I've had my licence almost 19 years but I shopped around and got a better price. I called back Andrian Flux and asked about their price match guarantee, spoke to a much more helpful member of staff and managed to get it fully comp with protected NCB for £498. Less then half than the original quote so quite a result! I think the XFS is expensive to insure though, I only paid £250 on my RX8 R3 but I think they're so cheap because they don't crash much, there are less than 700 of them being used in the UK though.

result!

I currently do about 20k miles a year & used to do a lot more, mostly for business use. Every single Insurance Co. I've used has increased the premium substantially after the 3rd year. The companies include Saga, LV, NFU, Marks & Spencer. I'm talking of starting price always £390'sh slowly moving to £490'sh & then a big hike to £700'sh. I am in my mid 60's, I have full no claims & get the odd speeding ticket every 4 years or so. Last one 36 mph just approaching the de-restriction sign, I'd passed the wretched van at 30 mph! but couldn't stop myself accelerating when close to the end of the speed limit (30 yds or so). I just think that it's to do with the laws of average, in that he's not had a claim for 3 years or so, therefore he's more likely to have a claim in his fourth year. Strangely I always find a Company to start at the £390's, oh & I don't have accidents frequently. It seems that this pattern is repeated with other drivers. Hope this info helps.

Administrator
    , I have full no claims & get the odd speeding ticket every 4 years or so. Last one 36 mph just approaching the de-restriction sign, I'd passed the wretched van at 30 mph! but couldn't stop myself accelerating when close to the end of the speed limit (30 yds or so). I just think that it's to do with the laws of average,
    An underwriter would note your comments and judge you a greater risk.
    Speed limits are in place to prevent accidents and it seems that every four years or so you know that you will be a higher risk than the average driver of being involved in an accident, and that is on the occasions that you are caught speeding.