saw E-pace in flesh - Page 2
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bik3rz View Post
    front end - lights - could be more...jaguar. these remind me of new fiesta...but it's me front signature led strips are as options only in two lowest specs I believe .

funny thing that front end - couldn't find place where 'tow eye' supposed to be mounted - guy who came with a car, was surprised it's not there LOL, got on his knees looking for it, but to no avail. he said it's pre prod car, so probably that's why...or, in my opinion, it's hidden in lower part of the grill as rear mount is where it should be.
    It's not like the manual isn't online. I can quote from it:

---
    The towing eye at the front of the vehicle is designed for on-road recovery only. If the towing eye is used for any other purpose, it may result in vehicle damage and serious injury.

The front towing eye is located behind a removable cover in the lower front bumper.
    To remove the cover:

1. Rotate all six fasteners 90 degrees counter-clockwise with a coin, or a similar object, to release the lower edge of the cover.
    2. Pull the cover forward from the rear lower edge to release the lugs on the top edge of the cover.

To refit the cover, offer up the cover and make sure the lugs at the top edge engage with the holes in the body panel. Rotate each of the fasteners 90 degrees clockwise to secure the cover in position.

---

I don't know, why everybody goes on about the headlights. This car is not supposed to look like an evil predator like an F-Type. This one is supposed to look like a cute little kitten. Of course the headlights are more cute.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark
    MY2009 XF Premium Luxury 4.2 V8 petrol, lunar gray, dove leather.
    Previous: MY2012 XF Luxury 2.2 (190 ps) diesel, azurite blue, barley leather.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    I don't know, why everybody goes on about the headlights. This car is not supposed to look like an evil predator like an F-Type. This one is supposed to look like a cute little kitten. Of course the headlights are more cute.
    Of course there will be many folks who will immediately warm to the front end but keep in mind that the most controversial aspect of the XF back in 2007 was - the front end

Quote Originally Posted by Muenster View Post
    The front towing eye is located behind a removable cover in the lower front bumper.
    To remove the cover:

1. Rotate all six fasteners 90 degrees counter-clockwise with a coin, or a similar object, to release the lower edge of the cover.
    that's the problem - there was nothing to be rotated as suspected, hidden with the cover, but not on the one I saw and funny thing, presentation guy didn't know about it - was just puzzled that it's not there

agree, no need for predator look a like, but cute little kitten is still a jaguar, just saying
    .................................................. ........
    MY2012, 3.0D S Premium Luxury, Ultimate black over barley. Did I mention 20'' draco's?

5. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

that's the problem - there was nothing to be rotated as suspected, hidden with the cover, but not on the one I saw and funny thing, presentation guy didn't know about it - was just puzzled that it's not there
    They are just small plastic screws, that can be loosened with a coin. They don't look like they are supposed to be removed. The cover is the "protective" cover under the bumper. I think it was in crome on the car you saw. It is black plastic on some versions of the E-Pace as far as I can see from the photos. All in all it doesn't look like something that's supposed to be removed. Just like the bumpers and other fittings. I think that may have confused the presentation guy.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark

They are just small plastic screws, that can be loosened with a coin. They don't look like they are supposed to be removed. The cover is the "protective" cover under the bumper. I think it was in crome on the car you saw. It is black plastic on some versions of the E-Pace as far as I can see from the photos. All in all it doesn't look like something that's supposed to be removed. Just like the bumpers and other fittings. I think that may have confused the presentation guy.
    fair enough, but presentation guy, who was from the JLR headquarters apparently, should know this - he didn't
    MY2012, 3.0D S Premium Luxury, Ultimate black over barley. Did I mention 20'' draco's?

fair enough, but presentation guy, who was from the JLR headquarters apparently, should know this - he didn't
    It is probably not a question, people normally ask. I can't remember having a car towed, so most people will never use that eye. But I must admit, that I often ask questions like that, if there is some little detail about the car, I notice. I must also say, that I think it's a strange solution, Jaguar has chosen. It may be aesthetically pleasing, but it is rather difficult to get to that eye. Unscrewing six screws down under they car and then taking care of not loosing them while also storing that rather large panel somewhere, while the car is being towed, is not exactly easy.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark

Administrator
    It is probably not a question, people normally ask. I can't remember having a car towed, so most people will never use that eye. But I must admit, that I often ask questions like that, if there is some little detail about the car, I notice. I must also say, that I think it's a strange solution, Jaguar has chosen. It may be aesthetically pleasing, but it is rather difficult to get to that eye. Unscrewing six screws down under they car and then taking care of not loosing them while also storing that rather large panel somewhere, while the car is being towed, is not exactly easy.
    I had my XF towed on a breakdown trailer after filling with petrol
    Many car owners make the same mistake and I would have a small bet that misfuelling will be the most common reason for the removal of the eye cover and the guys that attend on such occasions will take the complexity or otherwise of the cover removal in their stride

Just by the way the breakdown guys habitually place the cover in a door pocket or under a carpet. I know that because the garage that charged me £500 or so to “repair” the car forgot to replace the cover. One telephone call to the carrier provided the information and solution.

It is probably not a question, people normally ask.
    well, he should know everything, it was presentation of brand new model!

Quote Originally Posted by pekem View Post
    I had my XF towed on a breakdown trailer after filling with petrol
    Many car owners make the same mistake and I would have a small bet that misfuelling will be the most common reason for the removal of the eye cover and the guys that attend on such occasions will take the complexity or otherwise of the cover removal in their stride

Just by the way the breakdown guys habitually place the cover in a door pocket or under a carpet. I know that because the garage that charged me £500 or so to “repair” the car forgot to replace the cover. One telephone call to the carrier provided the information and solution.
    You are right of course, that it can happen to all of us. As far as I can tell from the drawing in the manual, it is the large protective cover under the bumper, that has to be removed. It is five feet long or something like that. It is not like the usual small covers.
    Kind regards
    Henrik Münster, Denmark

Toe eyes have two functions: they are mandatory front and rear if you track the car (and for a full ricer treatment you need a blue or red anodized aluminum toe eye to really look the business) and no true off road vehicle leaves the road without front and rear toe eyes.

For a suburban crossover with off road pretensions one must at least have a toe eye installed. Road cars keep these in the boot where they belong and remain pristine. The cover is there on soft roaders to prevent owner embarrassment when somebody asks "what's that for".
    Currently 2013 XF V6 SC AWD Caviar on London Tan/Navy
    Sold my much loved '09 XF Lux Azure on Dove/Charcoal