Do newer 2016/17 XF-S Diesel models have DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) issues?
Welcome to the Jaguar XF Forum.

Do newer 2016/17 XF-S Diesel models have DPF (Diesel Particulate Filter) issues?

Just wanted to know before I pull the plug on one.

I tend to do roughly 10k-12k miles a year, and do a fair few longer journeys (eg 100+ miles at a time), at least four times a month. However, the majority of the time I'm doing shorter journeys to and from work. In-case I go a month or more without doing my normal longer journeys (which has happened in the past when things have been really busy locally at work), I just wanted to be sure I wasn't going to have any DPF issues. Only reason I'm sticking to diesel at all is that I still find them to be more fuel economic, especially for the longer trips.

Appreciate the help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Jaguar XF Forum
    Advertisements

Administrator
    The latest XF cars haven’t been troubled with the same DPF issues of the early cars.
    Given that you undertake longish journeys I would expect your ownership to be trouble free.

I think that the economic benefit of diesel fuel,given your mileage, is marginal and may not be positive.
    Also consider the inevitable adverse depreciation of a diesel in today’s market.

I never did long trips in my XFS and only did about 8 to 10 thousand a year and never had a DPF problem in the 2 years I had the car, about every 3rd or 4th fill up I used premium deisel, whether this made any difference I don't know.
    If your buying a second hand car you should get it at a very good price because of all the bad publicity around diesel cars at the moment and the fact that there's a lot of them on the dealer forcourt's at the moment.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Jaguar XF, 3 litre diesel S, 2012, Portfolio, stratus grey with 20" silver Dracos with barley interior.